****ing Beep.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Did my gauges and everything was fine until I needed to pull the cluster again to fix the rpm needle.. Now I have the infamous, beep beep beep.. Air bag light was going on and off randomly, if I held the bulb up it wouldn't flash, so i twisted it a little and air bag doesn't show up now.. But I got the beeping...... WHAT THE ****. I just closed the car up and called it a night, or something would wind up getting broken..

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The flashing air bag light tells you there's a fault in the airbag system. The number of flashes identifies the code. If you pull the bulb, or the bulb is out for some reason, the beeping begins in the same pattern the bulb would be flashing, if it were functional.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The flashing air bag light tells you there's a fault in the airbag system. The number of flashes identifies the code. If you pull the bulb, or the bulb is out for some reason, the beeping begins in the same pattern the bulb would be flashing, if it were functional.

It didn't flash until the last time I pulled out the cluster. It was a consistant flash, on off on off etc.. Now it doesn't pop up. I pulled the bulb to see if the bulb was bad, looked fine so I put it back in. Its only 4 beeps, stops, than 4, stops, repeats 3 times.. Than it doesn't beep

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it's 4 beeps, pause, 4 beeps, pause, 4 beeps, that means the air bag system is throwing code 43. Could be a ground fault issue. Loose wire. Bad, loose, or damaged sensor.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yup 4 beeps on and off.. Light no longer comes on. When I have time off I'll check it out.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
If it's 4 beeps, pause, 4 beeps, pause, 4 beeps, that means the air bag system is throwing code 43. Could be a ground fault issue. Loose wire. Bad, loose, or damaged sensor.

that wouldn't be 43 code. you need to put a good light bulb in and see if the flashes are long or short to know the code

if its 4 long then a pause and 4 short the code would be 44

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online