Injector issue....possible

mickey

Reaction score
So I finally finish my PI swap, after a few miles to let it warm up I give it a medium acceleration pull and it starts to missfire and after driving for a few miles I get code p1151 lean on bank 2, o2 stuck lean. At idle it runs good and during normal driving it drives fine only during heavier acceleration dose it missfire. It was doing it before the swap, I originally thought it was a cracked intake but now not so much lol. the car also has new plugs and wires, changed during the swap. the coils where changed before I bought the car to mds coils so I don't think they are bad but my first step is going to switch the coils left to right and see if it moves but my gut is telling me faulty injector the body of one of the injectors was pretty rusty but I didn't think that would affect injector performance. After switching coils if it stays in I plan to swap injectors side to side to see if then it moves. My question is how often do these injectors go bad? And has anyone had a similar issue?

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
Will do that tomorrow, but first, As I dig threw old threads I found that last year I had 1131 witch is lean on bank 1 and there was only one thing that could have possible been switched while doing the swap and that is upstrem oxygen sensors so I've changed my game plan and plan to switch the upstrem o2's and see if it changes. I've been racking my brain thinking about this and finally remembered that it was bank 1 last year and now it is bank 2.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Oh...because the error code is right. I would expect a comment response just like this from your type.

chris91

Reaction score
Because taking a multimeter and reading some numbers is such hard work.... Just like how a leaky rear main seal makes a car worthless too....:rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
An 1131 and 1151 barely tell u anything, all they tell u is the the 02 is stuck lean witch can be caused by a lot of different things, but being that it switch for one side to the other and I very well may have switched them while they where out is only leading me to look at the oxygen sensors first. we're not starting to throw parts yet lol but we may get there. I didn't realize it had switched sides until after I had started this thread. we will see what today holds hopefully it moves and all it is, is a $40 oxygen sensor.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
Well small update put new o2's in yesterday and the car runs alot better but still missed above 3500 have put about 50 miles and several drive cycles on it and still no light so I do think it tool care of my check engine light but not my miss next step is gonna be hook up to a scanner with a power balace test and try to find my faulty cylinder or just start throwing more parts at it not sure yet. With it missfireing about 3,000 rpms it keeps me from driving like an a$$ hole and I'm getting some decent mpg, lol.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Sweet! Hope you get this nailed. A $$ hole driving much better when running good.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Is it running any warmer or getting warmer faster? Does it breakup if you ease up to 3k or whatever it was or only at wot. How's the idle? Is it the same on a cold start vs warm?
What's it smell like?

Don't Sext and Drive.

OP
OP
M

mickey

Reaction score
Is it running any warmer or getting warmer faster? Does it breakup if you ease up to 3k or whatever it was or only at wot. How's the idle? Is it the same on a cold start vs warm?
What's it smell like?

Don't Sext and Drive.

It only dose it on hard acceleration, if I where to hold off a gear and partial throttle up to 4500 rpm it dosent miss. The car has always had this miss from the day I bought it, a year ago, but seems to warm up normally it used to smell normal but all 6 of my catalytic converters fell off so now it smells like 1969, lol. Idle seems to be a lot better with the new oxygen sensors rolls a little here and there seems to get worse when there is more alternator demand.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
It only dose it on hard acceleration, if I where to hold off a gear and partial throttle up to 4500 rpm it dosent miss. The car has always had this miss from the day I bought it, a year ago, but seems to warm up normally it used to smell normal but all 6 of my catalytic converters fell off so now it smells like 1969, lol. Idle seems to be a lot better with the new oxygen sensors rolls a little here and there seems to get worse when there is more alternator demand.
No cats- I wouldn't have been so quick to place my $30 bet if I would've know that part, I bet you'll still get an o2 code the next time you scan.
Did you say you already checked fuel pressure?

Don't Sext and Drive.

philly101

Reaction score
does your engine light flash When it's. Missing you change the spark plugs and wires

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online