Injectors testing?

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
As title states , anyone know jow to test injectors? Got another misfore code after my 300+ dollor ignition install. So im guessing i need new injectors. At least for 7&8 cylinders.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What I did was pull the injectors, I filled a large syringe with carb cleaner and hooked it up to the injector, and used a 9 volt battery hooked up to gator clips. I then pressed down on the syringe to apply pressure, while cycling the injector by tapping the negative of wire to the battery. This allowed me to see spray patterns, and to ensure they were all working about the same.

You can also check ohms from one lead to the other. Check all of your injectors, they should all be the same. If one has more resistance than all the others, replace it.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
^ ol'boy has it goin on! Exactly what i do too.

Yea, ive had a few injectors that were gummed up with E85. Did this trick a few times and they free'd up. Although i havent ran them again, but im claiming the trick did something. So yeah, i think its worth it.

Another aspect with your car is secondary port gunks up real bad and will lead into the valve not seating properly inturn will lead to misfire

Duffy

Reaction score
I would dump a bottle of Sea Foam in the tank and run that thru........works great on motorcycle injectors. Should also clean automotive ones.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Another idea to use seafoam is through a mister at the airfilter (filter removed). It wont do anything for the injectors, but will clean up carbon and oil residue in the intake track.

lutter94

Reaction score
Another idea to use seafoam is through a mister at the airfilter (filter removed). It wont do anything for the injectors, but will clean up carbon and oil residue in the intake track.
Might want to do it after the maf, I've poured a half a can through the brake booster vacuum line

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pull the brake booster line and let it suck up part of a can and immediately shut the engine off. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes then restart. It will smoke like a freight train for a bit but everything will be clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They still have vacuum lines on the upper plenum don’t they?? That’s all you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online