Installed head unit and now stuff doesnt work! Help!

red9535

Reaction score
1995 Mustang. I installed my head unit today. It works nicely.. I was testing the wires pre-installation though to make sure my schematic was correct, and I (stupidly) touched the main power to the main ground for an instant to look for a spark. Sure enough it sparked.. and i'm almost POSITIVE I heard a fuse pop.

Anyway, I went on as usual. Afterwards, the stereo works nicely.. but a couple other things aren't working. My clock doesn't work, my power door locks don't work, and my key fob doesn't work. Those all point towards one fuse in the fuse box (fuse 6 in my chiltons manual).. however, this fuse isn't blown.. I replaced it anyway, and the stuff still doesn't work.

Is there a fuse or a relay somewhere else which powers this fuse, that could be blown? I am also wondering if there might be a fuseable link somewhere that I blew?

Everything else seems to work normally.

OP
OP
R

red9535

Reaction score
Alright - nvm. I guess i'm getting better at this. Realized my dome light wasn't working either, consulted my chiltons again, and turned out that fuse 8 was popped from when I shorted the radio wires (the radio memory goes through there). Swapped a new one in and tada, problems fixed. Thanks anyway!

916_5.0

Reaction score
Good to hear its fixed i need a chiltons cause i hate not having a fuse diagram.

OP
OP
R

red9535

Reaction score
Chiltons was my bible during the restoration of this car. Best 15 bucks I ever spent, for my Mustang and my Dakota.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah i have a Hayes book for my car but there isnt a fuse diagram in it. I like the way chiltons has there pages set up too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online