Intermittent buzzing sound when I press brakes

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
On occasion with my 94 GT convert, when I apply my brakes at a stop light I will hear and electrical buzzing sound around the area of the brake or under the dash somewhere. Release my foot and it goes away, press again it's back again. Not 100% of the time (80%?).

This morning I went and turned on the engine and made sure the turn signals were working, the brakes lights were working, and of course no buzzing sound. Is there some sort of brake relay that could go bad and cause a buzzing sound?

thx

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know part of the brake signal goes up to a module by the fuse box that is a cruise control driver if I remember correctly. I can't think of any other parts in that area myself.

OP
OP
C

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
Interesting, I did a repair down there to fix the cruise control. Maybe I did something wrong. Cruise control works fine. Guess I need to find a way to get down there and listen where the "buzz" is happening.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yup get upside down and push the brake. I feel like I spent a lifetime in that position after working for 2 years at a shop that did a lot of security installs. The free buzzes from hanging upside down like that for an hour and then flipping back normal were a bonus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online