Issues with Mach 460 after it got wet

bdbowti

Reaction score
Ok so quick background 94 Vert was outside and we got a quick downpour and everything got soaked before i moved it. Well when i got the car home i unhooked the battery since the speakers were popping and hissing even with the car off. With the key out of the ignition you could hit the power buttong on the radio and it was coming on and acting funny. So as i said i just unhooked the battery and stripped the interior out to let everything dry out. I was thinking the radio got toasted and found a guy locally that had a radio for 20 duckets so i picked it up. Well i was just messing with it tonight and when i hooked either radio up they come on andfind stations but make no sound. I found some info online stating that if the CD player is messed up it won't pass the radio signal across to the speakers. Unhooked the bottom connection and jumped the L in and L out's together and the R in and R out together. Well the speakers started working but only the low pass. I also pulled the jumpers and plugged the connection back into the CD player and then it started working again. So now the radio works and the cd player works but looks like only the rear amps are working. It is only passing the low frequencies to the speakers. Now i saw on that Mach 460 right up that the highs are controlled by the front amp but it also passes the low frequencies to the rear amps. So the question is if the front amp is bad would it still allow the low frequencies back there? Is there a fuse separate for the amp somewhere? Thinking about digging into it anyway and unplugging stuff and plugging it back in as it seems that is what has been working with the other parts.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
There can be a multiple issue going on here. And I know this might not be the answer you're looking for but I would trash the 460 system and get aftermarket stuff.

OP
OP
B

bdbowti

Reaction score
Actually as soon as it happened i was looking at aftermarket head units and speakers. I have a nice Soundstream 5 channel amp and a 10" sub laying around that i took out of my Ranger when i sold it. I was like woo hooo upgrade the stereo. Then i remembered how lazy i have gotten lately and was like ugh that's a lot of wiring and balh blah blah lol!!! So that is why i hav ejust been trying to get the factory one to work :)

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol.
Upgrade it and be done witht aht overly complicated silly Mach nonsense.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Yeah just rip out the back deck and amps and hard wire your speakers to the new deck or a 4 channel amp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online