I've been having this weird issue lately.

Chibbzee

Reaction score
Alright, every now and again after engine braking (let's say, getting off of the freeway. Engine brake in 3rd gear) I push the clutch in and my car dies. Never any other time. It only happens after engine braking. 3rd or 2nd gear. It happened awhile ago. I cleaned my idle air control valve and it went away until I just recently. Now it is very inconsistent. It'll do it mainly after freeway/highway runs. Any ideas?

My car is a 96 GT, PI cams, many other bolt ons and the Bama handheld. Thanks in advance guys. This issue has almost got me in a couple accidents.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
Alright, every now and again after engine braking (let's say, getting off of the freeway. Engine brake in 3rd gear) I push the clutch in and my car dies. Never any other time. It only happens after engine braking. 3rd or 2nd gear. It happened awhile ago. I cleaned my idle air control valve and it went away until I just recently. Now it is very inconsistent. It'll do it mainly after freeway/highway runs. Any ideas?

My car is a 96 GT, PI cams, many other bolt ons and the Bama handheld. Thanks in advance guys. This issue has almost got me in a couple accidents.

Just do a run-through under your hood.

Check all your vacuum lines and connections. sometimes a loose or brittle hose can let enough air escape can cause a stall. My car used to do the same thing.

have you messed with your idle speed on your tuner? sometimes if its too low the IAC wont catch it right away before its too late. Remember pi cams are bigger then the stockers

OP
OP
Chibbzee

Chibbzee

Reaction score
The tune is set for the PI cams, but I did adjust the neutral idle speed and haven't had the issue again. So, fingers are crossed. Thanks man.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Chibbzee

Chibbzee

Reaction score
Just do a run-through under your hood.

Check all your vacuum lines and connections. sometimes a loose or brittle hose can let enough air escape can cause a stall. My car used to do the same thing.

have you messed with your idle speed on your tuner? sometimes if its too low the IAC wont catch it right away before its too late. Remember pi cams are bigger then the stockers

Well, after I adjusted my idle speed. I thought I had solved the problem. Nope. Now it only happens after a short freeway drive (about 5 miles) never while city driving anymore. Only 3rd gear while braking. Pushed the clutch in and it died. Still lost. No time until Sunday to go through the lines until Sunday when I do my front hub assembly.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
Man that's bizarre.

So like, you're just crusing and its just third gear that you clutch out and it dies?

2-2500rpm to idle?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online