j-mod questions

optionizerSS

Reaction score
We are going to install the j-mod to my step-sons 1999 GT this weekend but have a few questions. In the jrizzo video he drills all the holes to 7/64" but in other articles i see on TCCOA, etc they give a breakdown of different hole sizes based on HP but they are nowhere close to what jrizzo shows so i'm a little confused.
Car is about 99% stock (CAI and exhaust). He just bought 3.73's and will be having those installed soon. Any suggestions on what holes to drill what sizes? jrizzo drilled his 7/64 (.109) but the documents i read show some at .160, some at .081, etc so don't want to mess this up. If I had to do it right now I'd likely go with 7/64 for all of them based on jrizzos video but i don't know what his application is so that may be wrong

Thanks!

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
nothing?
He isn't looking for neck snapping shifts but firm enough to feel it and maybe a chirp at full throttle

07GtS197

Reaction score
Jrizzo is a panther guy. I believe that went into a crown vic. He’s very knowledgeable but I’d go with what’s said in the tccoa article. That one was written by Jerry himself. Can’t go wrong with his instructions.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
We are going to install the j-mod to my step-sons 1999 GT this weekend but have a few questions. In the jrizzo video he drills all the holes to 7/64" but in other articles i see on TCCOA, etc they give a breakdown of different hole sizes based on HP but they are nowhere close to what jrizzo shows so i'm a little confused.
Car is about 99% stock (CAI and exhaust). He just bought 3.73's and will be having those installed soon. Any suggestions on what holes to drill what sizes? jrizzo drilled his 7/64 (.109) but the documents i read show some at .160, some at .081, etc so don't want to mess this up. If I had to do it right now I'd likely go with 7/64 for all of them based on jrizzos video but i don't know what his application is so that may be wrong

Thanks!
on these kits you dont just drill to any size you go by the kit directions and there are different ones
some have both in one kit
i wanted both street and strip

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
on these kits you dont just drill to any size you go by the kit directions and there are different ones
some have both in one kit
i wanted both street and strip
By 'kit' are you meaning the instruction document that was on TCCOA? Thats the only thing I have seen that is 'official'. It shows different size holes for different firmness settings but some of the hole sizes sound really big.
I saw another one that Jerry says 'ignore those instructions and do this instead' so it seems sort of confusing as the sizes aren't even close to each other.
Anyone have Jerrys document with the different options?

This is the most 'official' document I have seen but not sure if it is the right one.

Example from that doc >
1692284204321.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online