what mods?

jaydeez

Reaction score
Hello i am relatively new to working on cars and am not very mechanically inclined I have a 97 4.8l. Ive done an oil change and installed a cold air intake and added my own spoiler but thats about as far as my knowledge goes as far as mustangs go. i am looking for power mods as i want to keep up with my brothers 2022 eco boost but i currently only have around 215hp. i would like some inputs on what would be a good next step i have been looking at bbk's 1-5/8inch tuned shorties headers. let me know what you think!

TrickVert

Reaction score
Whatever you do, study up. Don't just start throwing a mish-mosh of parts at it. You need to determine realistic goals based on your budget (then add about 50% to that figure) and assemble a system of parts that work together. And don't only focus on power. Suspension, body stiffening, and brakes will also play a part in building a safe, reliable, and enjoyable package.

Last edited:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Here at sn95forums youll find real world advice with respectful answers. Unlike most mustang facebook pages, No one here will bash you over the simplest questions. The people here are hardcore mustang enthusiast and know what it takes to reach your goals. We have all been where you are with your car and we have all spent big money on all the modifications and we know what works and doesnt work. So hang around, ask questions, and learn along with all of us.

PWNY

Reaction score
Cylinder heads are gonna get your biggest gains (but they aint' cheap)
PI heads (performance improved) heads from 99-04 will get you to 260hp. You also need to switch to a PI intake manifold. The non-PI manifold will not line up (ask me how I know lol)

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
PI heads, cam and intake.

Prob is the PI intake will be hard to find. You can also go aftermarket head/cam/intake a well.

Not cheap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online