I can't wait to see how you transform this car like your 98

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks!!
John - Cheads/Eaton parts go pretty cheap in Texas for some reason. if you need any help with parts lmk,
Yea? Nice...swaps ive been looking at so far are pretty steep for some reason...like 3k+, I think I can definitely do better than that. I'm still contemplating whether or not I want to do cams and LT's, or just swap on an eaton.

chris91

Reaction score
Well even if you go with the Eaton youll want the LT's. Id do them first and then go with the Eaton. You might get lucky and find a Cobra guy wanting to go Turbo and you could swap him your Intake Mani and some cash so you dont have to take the full hit.

itsblue95

Reaction score
Eaton swap would put me at 400 to the wheels...cams and LT's would put me around 340-350 to the wheels...not sure what direction I want to go yet.

Why not put a vortech or procharger on? They both would make more power. They aren't instant like the eaton but still nice. But cams do sounds amazing in 4vs.

chris91

Reaction score
Local guy just did cams in his Mach. Went with a semi mild custom cam setup so he didnt have to change valve springs. Has other usual bolt ons(LT's included) and with slicks he ran a 12.2@114. Full weight Mach too. Put down 356/339 after the tune. Bet with a more radical cam setup itd dip into the 11's. Thats plenty for a fun street car if you ask me.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon, why not do cams, lt's AND an Eaton? Do the cams and lt's now, then slowly collect the swap parts and do the blower as icing on the cake!

ProKiller

Reaction score
Jon, why not do cams, lt's AND an Eaton? Do the cams and lt's now, then slowly collect the swap parts and do the blower as icing on the cake!

exactly what i was thinking. no one said you couldn't do both.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
Yea? Nice...swaps ive been looking at so far are pretty steep for some reason...like 3k+, I think I can definitely do better than that. I'm still contemplating whether or not I want to do cams and LT's, or just swap on an eaton.

Exhaust should be your first route. I did LTs on a friends mach and its like night/day dude. 4v motors respond so well to mods too.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Well ive heard these motors cant handle too much power...so I think cams and an eaton would be pushing the stock internals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online