Just got a deal and a half!!!

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Now this is why I love craigslist. Agreed with this guy over the phone on a price of 130 for SFCs and a 3650 pro 5.0 short shifter. Brand new. Never used. Hell yea right? He shows up with an extra item. A T/A 8" diff cover. BRAND NEW NEVER INSTALLED. Said "oh forgot I had this. If you have a use for it I'll take $150 for all of it". BACK TO THE ATM I WENT. Craigslist is awesome. How do I mount a pan hard bar to this sucker?

image_zps73b7ea1f.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's awesome!

However I'm more suprised that you went back to an ATM to get $20 lol.

RichV

Reaction score
Nice score!

A PHB does not mount to the diff cover. Damn, I need one of those too!

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
That's awesome!

However I'm more suprised that you went back to an ATM to get $20 lol.

LOL. Well being as the mutual meeting spot was a gas station it was quite convenient. And when I meet these craigslist strangers, I'm careful about how much cash I have on me.

But yea I'm pretty damn excited about my new parts I can install and keep me busy in the evenings. Had to modify the 3650 shifter to work with my t45. Just had to be lengthened. Gives it a shorter throw when you lengthen the bottom too. Feels awesome. Diff girdle install tomorrow eve.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love CL for this type of stuff. Usually its people just trying to make room and if they can get a few $$$$ plus clean garage they are happy.

blk99gt

Reaction score
What did you use to lengthen it? I've passed up one cause it was a 3650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
What did you use to lengthen it? I've passed up one cause it was a 3650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you've ever take apart a pro 5.0 shifter you'll see there's a pivot pin that goes through the lower shifter linkage. There's two springs on top of these pins to center the shifter back to neutral. Well I cut those pins off, then made a flat spot a quarter of an inch higher on the linkage so I could center punch it and drill it out. After I had a hole about 3/16" I drove a pin a little bigger in there. Put the plastic pivot ball back on and the shifter back together. Had to grind the aluminum a little for clearance with the new location of the linkage. But raising that pivot point essentially lowers the bottom of the linkage. The higher the pivot, the shorter your throw. So it feels unlike any other shorty I've had. If I ever pull it back out I'll do a write up on it. It's very easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online