just got my new 94gt 5.0 sup with my CD PLAYER?

dstar1021

Reaction score
SUP EVERYBODY

so i just picked up my first stang, iv always been a chevy guy but the mustang turned me and the ford ranger haha, but its one bad car i love it so far its got 131k miles and seems to be running and driving good, and i plan on putting some money into it but first i wanna see if its a good platform or if i should just sell it and try and find a better car

but the only things im coming across right now are

THE CD PLAYER (radio works fine, awesome system with radio at top and cd player on bottom) radio works and looks like the cassett player even works but i cant figure out how to get the CD PLAYER to do anything, i mean the lights come on all around it but the screen on the cd player is blank and it hasnt done anything since i got it, i tried looing in the owners manual and they just said cd player is on when high performance electronic adio system is on or something (basiscly didint tell me shit haha) but i was hoping you guys could tell me whats up? i checked it out and people have been saying maby the fuse is out or something but idk i just wanna play my cd haha

and the other thing that iv found thats kinda worrying me is when i get on it real hard (drive it like your supposed to) it sometimes gets a tick tick tick real quick and pretty noticible, not really a knock or anything but more of a tick tick tick real rapid, im trying to figure out what it is and why it only does it in the high RPMs so if anybody can help me out id appriciate it, maby lifters? or i was told it needed a thow out barring but it doesnt rattle or tick when clutch is out or in so idk

but yah i know you guys out there know your shit and im new to mustangs and fords so lemme know whats up with my new baby hahaha

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE. where are the pics? I also used to be a chebby guy. I don't think I'll be going back to Govt. Motors
I can't help you with the stereo issue.
The noise you hear under hard accel, is pinging. You have 2 choices, retard the timing a degree or 2 or run a higher grade of gas.
Stock timing is 10*btdc but most people can advance up to 14* if they run 91 octane for the free HP. I'm running 12* and still able to run 87 octane.
If you choose to back the timing off, read your Haynes manual. You'll need to pull something called a "spout connector" before moving the distributor. The spout is located near the air filter and takes the computer advance out while setting timing.
good luck

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ticking could be as simple as a loose plug cable. The cd player is a slave unit that is controled through the tape deck. You might want to pull it out and make sure everything is plugged in the way it is supposed to be.

OP
OP
D

dstar1021

Reaction score
hell yah man thanks, i def thought about putting in 93 but the 450 a gallon here in indy kinda cut that out haha but i might try that and yah i thought about the timing and thats what im gonna try for shor, and thanks for the heads up on the spout connector, and yah im gonna take the cd unit out and see if everythings hooked up good idea thanks aton and yah im gonna post pics like now, i just got the car waxed and detailed so ill post em up thanks

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
One of the first things people do is rip out the stereo in these when they buy them. I bet yours was returned back to stock before resale and like said above, not hooked up correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online