Just picked up this beauty with 7k miles

badass98svt

Reaction score
Oh nice find. Love my 98.
Will you be "rescuing" it?
Like taking off whichever exhaust isnt hooked up (side exhaust or tail pipes) , remove stripes and side scoops etc?

Whats your plans for the car?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
DAMN!!!!!!!!!! I have to agree get you some dynomax side exhaust and pray to find a set of tips for the side exhaust.

OP
OP
plumabob

plumabob

Reaction score
First thing on the list pull the tails and hook up the sides. you are all right about that. believe it or not a kit to do the conversion is available, with the fitted tips. car was built at ford by an svt designer before he retired. he was going to hook up cut outs for the side exhaust. car was to be used for road racing. Tons of suspension mods 410 gears TKO close ratio 5 speed. aluminum driveshaft with safety loop. Windows were left out during original build at ford to weld in a cage. Also original cobra R wheels in chrome come with the deal. got a v2 supercharger and puts out 425hp to the rear tires at 6 pounds. Its not here yet. as soon as i see it roll off the trailer in one piece, I'll get started...lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
post a link of those tips and I will see if they look like mine. I think it was dynomax has something similar but they are not the same. The tips have been the hardest part to find and why most people go with the double slash cut tips because they can't find the original.

OP
OP
plumabob

plumabob

Reaction score
only ones i could find

Attachments

• tips.jpg
    tips.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 6

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Those are made to go with the roush style side exhaust, not the svo. The svo is flatter on the bottom.

h0ev63Y.jpg

I think they are a little longer than the svo style as well to where you would have to do some trimming on the sideskirts to get them to fit. The tips do pop up from time to time if your not in a hurry, put up some WTB adds on here and fb and I bet you can get a set.

OP
OP
plumabob

plumabob

Reaction score
they are roush side pipes with svo lettering. a lot of custom work on this cobra. I'll figure it out as I go. Hey nice ride by the way!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are roush side pipes with svo lettering. a lot of custom work on this cobra. I'll figure it out as I go. Hey nice ride by the way!
right they are two different kits. They are similar but those tips will not fit with out either working the sideskirt a bit, or working the tip a bit. By a bit I mean you will need to cut/trim the hole in the sideskirt or else figure out a way to make the tips to fit the hole which would probably be the harder of the two imo.

OP
OP
plumabob

plumabob

Reaction score
Man I was wrong. They are SVO side pipes. couple if examples on youtube. Gonna need custom ends or duals.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was thinking it might not be too hard for someone that can work metal to just to form a lip to match the side skirts where the pipe ends, and then cut the lip off of the one you posted and then weld the new one one.

The other option is the dual 45 slash cut looks pretty good imo although there is still a slight modification needed on the skirts.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I've always wanted to do something like a nascar exhaust. Balogna cut out of the side of the car. No skirts. The skirts look weird on the SN95s to me. They hang much lower than the rest of the car. I've seen a few pull it off nicely though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you can find the CDC ultimate aero cover to go on the back it leveled the bottom of the car off in the back with the side exhaust kit. I have only ever seen 2 for sale and one was broken/needing repair and they both sold faster than I could get to them. That is why I made the diffuser on the tank cover.

badass98svt

Reaction score
if you can find the CDC ultimate aero cover to go on the back it leveled the bottom of the car off in the back with the side exhaust kit. I have only ever seen 2 for sale and one was broken/needing repair and they both sold faster than I could get to them. That is why I made the diffuser on the tank cover.

Yeah I remember those from back in the day. A rarity for sure.

Ronnied

Reaction score
Those are made to go with the roush style side exhaust, not the svo. The svo is flatter on the bottom.

View attachment 15461

I think they are a little longer than the svo style as well to where you would have to do some trimming on the sideskirts to get them to fit. The tips do pop up from time to time if your not in a hurry, put up some WTB adds on here and fb and I bet you can get a set.
I love the stance, what tire package are you running?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online