K members

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Exhaust is part of the emissions. . Most visual inspections check from intake to exhaust... never seen any body check suspension components..

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Not here. We have no emissions.
There's lots of things that aren't technically street legal. Exhaust, nitrous, kmember...

Companies usually have no street use or off road use only because of laws. Or in the US probably to protect themselves because let's face it, you guys sue each other over anything possible...

But that's not the point. I haven't seen any actual data or stories about the affordable kmemebers being bad. By all means, get a mm if you can. But I wouldn't be too concerned with a name brand affordable member.
What do you mean by "you guys"

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Exhaust is part of the emissions. . Most visual inspections check from intake to exhaust... never seen any body check suspension components..
we don't have emmisions or inspections for other than insurance. Exhaust can be sound... There's only 1 city around here that has tried to do tickets for it though.

Many aftermarket parts aren't technically road legal because they dont go through safety like oem
What do you mean by "you guys"
Many, not all, Americans due sue for anything they can.... No?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
we don't have emmisions or inspections for other than insurance. Exhaust can be sound... There's only 1 city around here that has tried to do tickets for it though.

Many aftermarket parts aren't technically road legal because they dont go through safety like oem

Many, not all, Americans due sue for anything they can.... No?
Us Mexicans try to avoid the court room. ..
Just trying to give you a hard time. ..
I know what you mean tho

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Us Mexicans try to avoid the court room. ..
Just trying to give you a hard time. ..
I know what you mean tho
Lol.

So I looked up some laws of the city I'm going to school in. First off Alberta is very loose on laws... We're the red neck, coal rolling part of Canada.

I read somewhere about bumper height, you're not allowed to modify your car where it will change the bumper height of 100mm. So I'm assuming that means lowing your car is a no no? Lol

Then the exhaust. You have to have a muffler. You can't shoot flames. And there was something about how you're not allowed to have an exhaust that increase the sound?

The rest is about tint, windows and lights. There was something about HID in stock housing too.

95opal

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned with a name brand affordable member.

I would advise you to toss this info in the trash and do your homework on kmembers, they are not all created equal or even close.... on top of fitment issues and correct part matching..... theres more to it than affordability..

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would advise you to toss this info in the trash and do your homework on kmembers, they are not all created equal or even close.... on top of fitment issues and correct part matching..... theres more to it than affordability..

Well correct me. Show me actual data.

I haven't had any issue with mine. Mine fit great and as noted previously most fit well, those that don't you can't tell the person didn't install it correctly.

95opal

Reaction score
I have a kmember and have already done my homework. Besides I dont have the time or patience to give lessons. If you want to the hassle a bs kmember that's your business. Im just giving scott a heads up.

95opal

Reaction score
Listen orange just cause your to ignorant to look shit up doent mean I need an excuse. For the final time no they aren't all created equal. Theres things called wall thickness. Crome moly, rolled steal. a-arm location, stock a-arms or aftermarket aarms, yada yada, You aren't even buying one so dont waist my time kid,

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That escalated quickly.

I'm not the one trying to argue against my own point. I'm not say the high quality parts aren't better. I'm saying there's nothing wrong with other less expensive brands. Many people use them... In my experience I'm happy with mine.

I asked you to show me proof. Where did you find your research? Other forums from the people claiming the same things as you? What year did you research?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I obviously recommend MM, because I think their strength is second to none.

The recommended for street thing boils down to the fact that street driving is often considered to be more rough on suspension than a closed course. Not so much to do with being legal.

The cheaper K members can fail, I've seen a few people re-weld theirs, unsatisfied with the weld quality at time of purchase. I believe that was a QA1.

If you're gonna spend the nickels, do it right, do it once.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought I read that some of them move the location of the front wheels and I thought those were definitely not recommended for street use? I would be getting one that would be good for obviously since it would spend more time there then anywhere.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im running an AJE with stock A arms. No complaints and fitment was right on.

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
Go with whatever best works for your setup. I bought the UPR K member/arms because it's what the on3 turbo kit was built around. Every company had issues when they first started out, some were posted on the internet, and some weren't. You have nothing to fear with UPR now days. I've "heard" of issues with MM K members, UPR K members, QA1 (most issues), and TeamZ. I haven't had a single issue with my K member from UPR, the welds look great and no cracking anywhere. The powder coating on it is great as well. Many chips in the clear from debris under but no rust/chipping of the coating.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have upr.. it's not bad.. if I was too do it again tho. I would go for a MM or Griggs. .. Griggs comes with a lifetime warranty. .

mikey has a griggs, his (5.0) offers the ability the move engine forward and backwards for better balance.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
where does MM? I couldnt find that.
Haven't checked griggs.

Edit: Found it

The result is a Mustang K-member with the strength to handle drag race launches and wheel stands, road race use, and of course, the rigors of daily street driving.

It doesn't specifically say street legal though.

yeah it's not about being street legal, it's about being tough enough to handle street driving.

BoilermakerFan

Reaction score
Scott

If you're still considering K-Members, check out AFCO's PerfectFit. It is engineered to take the abuse of drag racing, but it was engineered to handle autocross and street use too. They did full FEA and tested all competitors to failure when designing theirs. I'll be going with one since it's only $400 and TIG welded right in Boonville.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online