Larger throttle body

Scud2

Reaction score
So I added meth injection to my 2v with a vortech. Went back in to get dyno numbers and to check all readings. I was 11.7 - 11.8 afr before meth. Now I am at 11.5. So I did not retune. I wanted to add it more for cooling the air. However I am not a genius in tuning. I have a 70mm throttle body. If I go to a 75mm will that kinda just average everything back out to the 11.7 ish or will it change things to much? I have a 2001 with an SCT tuner. Just looking for info. I know that the meth add a little more fuel. So in my head I see the 75mm adding a tiny bit more air. Maybe average everything out? Lol. Just wondering. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

95GTspeeddemon

Reaction score
It doesnt work like that. Use water instead of meth. 11.5afr is fine. I target 11.32 without meth. You can have it retuned to command a leaner afr while the iat's are cooler than without meth. Thats your options.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Scud2

Scud2

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was wondering. I also read that larger throttle body does not always mean bigger horse power in the sense I was talking. Also read that whenever you make changes you need to re tune the car. It was just a thought that was in my head. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

95GTspeeddemon

Reaction score
Retune isnt needed in some cases. Different tb can make it idle different, so it could need some adjustment there, if mechanical adjustment doesnt make it happy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
be aware a cheap throttle body can cause idle problems because of its design. I had a pro-products 75mm that I finally just put a IAC restricter plate on as the only way it could be fixed. Replaced it with a better brand and never had another issue. Also a throttle body can only move the air the MAF allows and the stock maf can be fairly restrictive compared to aftermarket versions

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online