Leak: A four-door Ford Mustang could happen

4 cruzen

Reaction score
Anyone here read Canoe.ca? There have been more than one articles posted on this topic>check out the article https://www.mustang6g.com/4-door-mustang-is-coming-ford-reveals-to-dealers/
2018-ford-mustang-sedan-rendered-114825_1-1-657x360.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
with ford downsizing the number of models its selling outside of the mustang platform I doubt they are expending this.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I hope they don't. If they want a V8 sedan drop a Coyote in a Fusion.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I hope they don't. If they want a V8 sedan drop a Coyote in a Fusion.
That or a Taurus. Keep the Fusion as the smaller, fuel efficient sedan and the Taurus the more of an extension of the crown vic.

Its sad that Ford no longer has a sedan with a v8 but I can see why.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
That or a Taurus. Keep the Fusion as the smaller, fuel efficient sedan and the Taurus the more of an extension of the crown vic.

Its sad that Ford no longer has a sedan with a v8 but I can see why.
Maybe its just my hot rodder side that makes it so I don't understand the lack of a V8 sedan. I see Chargers everywhere around here. My buddy has an SRT8 and it's fun to drive. If I didn't need the towing capability of my truck I'd seriously be considering a sedan. But I'd be looking elsewhere because I'd want the performance. And I'm a Ford guy.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dodge Charger, Chevy SS, Pontiac G8, all powerful and fun to drive. Dodge is last man standing unless you look at the luxury lines.

Hell, I test drove a 5.0 Genesis before settling on my v6. It was absolutely scary and awesome!!! I’d never expect a 4dr luxury car to flat out scream the way that car did.

Regardless, Ford is missing out. They need to bring back the Galaxy name plate and make a larger v8 sporty sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Not a 4door, but Ford has announced dropping the coyote and the 3.5l ecoboost down into the transit vans. Claims the coyote van will run 6sec 0-60.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Theres nothing like a v8 in a big american 4 door sedan. I loved the shit out of my 98 p71 and my 87 grand marquis. The p71 only had 215 hp lol but that thing moved for a huge sedan with a 4.6 npi motor haha! And the instant torque of the 302 in my marquis is fun as hell.

Now the coyote in a transit is just rediculous haha!

OP
OP
4 cruzen

4 cruzen

Reaction score
One way or the other Ford will have a sedan. The "Mustang " brand is known worldwide so don't be surprised I would have thought it ridiculous not long ago as well but who would have beleived an Electric Mustang...2020.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Im ok with electric cars but doubt Ill get one anytime soon. I just cant bring myself to. And anyway I really have no interest in buying a new car as it is. Ill take used junk that can be worked on myself over an overcomplicated, overengineered bundle of wires and sensors that are called cars today. Not to mention the build quality of everything has gone down the toilet with everything. When I worked at home depot and someone wanted to buy a mower the first question Id ask them is if they could work on it themselves. If the answer was no Id direct them to the cheapest junk we had because it is going to fall apart sooner than later. Everything is disposable nowadays.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
idunno all the work I am putting in to get +400 hp knowing it will be a lot of work after as well the new s550s have been looking better each year.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Im ok with electric cars but doubt Ill get one anytime soon. I just cant bring myself to. And anyway I really have no interest in buying a new car as it is. Ill take used junk that can be worked on myself over an overcomplicated, overengineered bundle of wires and sensors that are called cars today. Not to mention the build quality of everything has gone down the toilet with everything. When I worked at home depot and someone wanted to buy a mower the first question Id ask them is if they could work on it themselves. If the answer was no Id direct them to the cheapest junk we had because it is going to fall apart sooner than later. Everything is disposable nowadays.
Not sure I agree on build quality going down. Any of the newer cars I've been around lately have had good build quality. I do agree about not being easy to work on though. Thats why I made sure my wifes Audi has a warranty when we bought it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Not sure I agree on build quality going down. Any of the newer cars I've been around lately have had good build quality. I do agree about not being easy to work on though. Thats why I made sure my wifes Audi has a warranty when we bought it.
I think it really depends on the brand really. I can tell you my sisters mazda cx7 was a turd from the factory, all plastic, too small condensor, window regulator came off the spool and now neither front windows work. Granted it is a 2011 but still most of those problems surfaced within the first couple of years of owning it. My 98 p71 was 18 years old when I bought it and I put next to nothing in it. It was a well put together car even after years of abuse. It did have strange issues that nobody else had lol but it was a solid car that needed nothing.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I think it really depends on the brand really. I can tell you my sisters mazda cx7 was a turd from the factory, all plastic, too small condensor, window regulator came off the spool and now neither front windows work. Granted it is a 2011 but still most of those problems surfaced within the first couple of years of owning it. My 98 p71 was 18 years old when I bought it and I put next to nothing in it. It was a well put together car even after years of abuse. It did have strange issues that nobody else had lol but it was a solid car that needed nothing.
Brand and luck I'm sure. My grandparents had horrible luck with GM vehicles so naturally they only own Fords. My parents on the other hand had great luck with whatever brand truck they picked up.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my brother has an 09 mazda 3. He has always been pretty rough with his vehicles in not doing PM's or just giving a crap really but his is still holding up. Then while I type that I remember that I did just drain his tail lights last week so idunno.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Brand and luck I'm sure. My grandparents had horrible luck with GM vehicles so naturally they only own Fords. My parents on the other hand had great luck with whatever brand truck they picked up.

Spot on. Some brands are worse than others and its not reflected in the price...

my brother has an 09 mazda 3. He has always been pretty rough with his vehicles in not doing PM's or just giving a crap really but his is still holding up. Then while I type that I remember that I did just drain his tail lights last week so idunno.

Lol

My dad has been buying nothing but Dodges over the last 2 decades and the only one that didnt give us an issues was our old caravan from the early 00s. He currently has an 08 ram and youd think this clunker was 20 years old. Clear is coming off, paint is in horrible shape, the radio changes stations by itself when it gets hot, both front pull handles on the a pillar fell off, rust is forming on the tailgate, the motor ticks like a clock, one of the interior lights stopped working (it cant be pushed anymore, just flops around), hvac panel lights up half way, it keeps eating wheel bearings... its newer than both my mustangs and has more problems. Granted I havent been in a newer Dodge but the quality of the older ones definitely scares me off.

OP
OP
4 cruzen

4 cruzen

Reaction score
I have owned cars from the 60's on up to my 04 Mustang. There is no comparison on the quality or engineering between those cars and todays. I had an 88 Pontiac Grand AM that had 180,000 miles on it when I traded it in. My current daily driver today is a 2010 Fusion just turned over 120,000 miles and still looks great and runs great. My first car a 1966 Fairlane GT 390 rated by Ford at 315 Hp, they were closer to 375 to avoid insurance issuse. It was dead at 95,000 miles engine (rebuilt once), body, second transmission and third clutch.
Sure wish I had it today though...Its not uncommon today to see cars at 180-2,300,000 miles athough, yes there is some crappy quality out there today.

Makoto

Reaction score
newer cars are better than older cars. they just are, guys. I had a 94 F150 and now I have a 2016 with the smallest V6 ford makes and it is an absolute beast. I love it and its had a couple weird things but any crap that is bad from the factory gets replaced during the warranty period usually. I've worked on everything from the 80's to brand new and the newer stuff gets the more I like it. connections are water tight and don't just snap off anymore. the computer crap is pretty much sorted, and all the components just last longer in general. thats why there is anew car crisis, they're lasting TOO long.

I just replaced the factory plugs on a quarter million mile colorado. yeah it has a CEL and geting the intake off was a nightmare but thats mostly GM being idiotic. I had to remove hal the wiring harness and it all went back easy peasy, cranked right up.

we've achieved equilibrium. the aftermarket has even caught up and surpassed the OEM's.

its a great time to be a car guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online