LED headlights and Fogs

DeViSt8

Reaction score
For my 95 gt, I'm wanting to get better lighting. I have tried to adjust my headlights and idk if something is just broke or what but they won't they still face down on the road. So I'm ordering new headlights but was also considering running LED for the headlights and fog lights, but I have seen mixed comments about having to do the conversion kit and I have seen some that just say I need to upgrade the signal flasher for a led based one like a Raxiom?

So I'm looking for some input on anybody that knows I've been searching with no luck.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the light output on led/hid is different then halogen. We have all seen those guys that stuck led/hid in their halogen lights and then say they are not blinding people but they are only fooling them selves. We all know who they are when they are facing us and we all know that flashing our lights at you will only make you prove that they are not on bright yet and we are even blinder. Do a retrofit or stick to halogen.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I have led headlights in both my 07 gt and 02 gt and theyre a toss up honestly.

For the 02 they do put out a lot more light than stock but the beam isnt uniform and I experimented by walking in front of the car at varying distances and I did notice a lot of upward glare. So even if the oncoming vehicle was higher than mine they’d still get glare. The sn95 and new edge headlights are different but the principle is the same.

I had hids in my stock housings when I bought the car and I was surprised by how tame the output was. I could stand in front of the car and not be blinded. I only once got stopped by someone thinking I had my brights on but that was it. But the beam wasnt that great. Anyway I still dont recommend it, just some insight of my personal experience with leds.

Depo makes projector headlights for sn95s and Ive heard theyre of decent quality though Im sure a quality retrofit would outshine them (no pun intended).

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your best bet is some retrofits with HID bulbs. Or you can buy pre-made projector housings but they usually look really funny.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
I just went with repros of the sn95 cobra lights, and never regretted it for a minute. Are your stock housings all yellowed from the sun?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online