Lightning Maf

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
Ive got a 95 Gt with a 347 5 speed with 24lb injectors, looking to get a
Lightning maf what do i need to do to make it work on my car or is it plug and go
I do have the adapter plug already, thanks for any help

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
24s on a 347? I would bet you will need larger injectors and certainly a tune. What other upgrades are on the motor.

OP
OP
G

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
Not sure I just got the car, still trying to figure it out what all has been done to it, my current maf is a BBK and it went bad on me and I have a chance to get a lightning maf for basically free just need to know if it would work or not

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it will work but only with a tune. If you already have a chip it could only be a $300 with out a chip it goes up a bit. How do ya know the bbk went bad? Often they can be cleaned.

OP
OP
G

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
Tried cleaning it twice, it will work for a little bit then it cuts out and acts like its loseing spark and fuel, pulled codes and said maf code, unplugged it and it runs fone

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
everyone always cleans the wire inside the maf. Just in case check the harnesses that plug into the maf(one on the maf and the other harness). Sometimes they can developed some corrosion that could cause an issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online