lil help please

ademily87

Reaction score
Personal opinions on a good tuner. Thanks in advance guys. 98 cobra. Not too sure either but a guy at midas said it looks like somebody installed a wideband o2 sensor. Possible I have an "other than stock" computer? Not sure how these cars work yet. And like you might have read before, I bought the car in SC and drove it 450miles to VA where I'm stationed. this was tuesday. Car started knocking wednesday and its alredy in the shop. Glad i found this forum though. While she's in the shop I've gathered up a few idea's for my "lady" haha Thanks again guys.

quadcammer

Reaction score
Being a 98 you have a choice between predator and sct, dont bother with anything else. What it somes down to is if you want a custom tune later on what equipment does your tuner use?

Mean98GT

Reaction score
You could have a piggy back chip on your car. Chips are trouble IMO. I've seen people get them installed and they work great then one day they just go bad. My buddy had his car tuned by a very reputable tuner then the chip just went bad. He took it out and picked up six car lengths.

I would go with xcal to answer your question.

Traidmarx

Reaction score
Mean98GT said:
You could have a piggy back chip on your car. Chips are trouble IMO. I've seen people get them installed and they work great then one day they just go bad. My buddy had his car tuned by a very reputable tuner then the chip just went bad. He took it out and picked up six car lengths.

I would go with xcal to answer your question.

+1 SCT FTW!!

NERD

Reaction score
NerdDFTuning.jpg

http://www.haneymotorsport.com/Sniper%20Tuning%20Software.htm

SCT although among the best SUCKs for the average user because they use their own values while Sniper uses actual values.

Traidmarx

Reaction score
if you decide to go with sniper, let me know, there is a guy here in roanoke that i'm friends with, he's a tuner and dealer for sniper i could probably get you a deal on it.