Little help!

95sn

Reaction score
What's up everyone, first post here so cut some slack lol. Recently I bought a 95 mustang GT for $900. It has 180k and it just needs some TLC imo. So far I've replaced air filter, and spark plugs. Going to give it a new battery and oil change. Anything else that you guys think should I replace before its road ready? It takes forever to turn over and once it does I have to rev it real high to keep it on and it eventually drops down to 500 rpm and idles around 800. Last night when I tried to start it, it made a annoying clicking sound. Battery or starter? Thanks a lot guys!

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
I would definitely look into the pcv valve and more than likely clean the throttle body. That is the first thing I did on my 98 GT and it really helped with the idle issues I was having. I am kind of in the same boat with you. I am in process of making my car 100% and still have to flush the radiator, trans, and diff. Good luck and post up some pics when you can!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
As stated, PCV AND the screen under it. It's hard to see and remove unless you use a mirror and needle nosed pliers.
Replace the fuel filter too. And the fuel if it's been sitting more than 6 months.
Ck for codes, You can have one set without the CEL actially being on.
Clean the MAF and IAT sensors.

What plugs did you use? 5.0's like the cheap autolites best. Are you going to replace the wires, dizzy cap and rotor too?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Intake air temp. It's in your factory cold air intake tube.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

07GtS197

Reaction score
Id recommend running a can of seafoam through the gas, crankcase and vacuum line just to help open up that motor. Also you can get your battery and alternator tested to check both of those.

OP
OP

95sn

Reaction score
Thanks guys, my next plan was to clean the maf, never thought of IAT but I'll get on that. I believe I have aftermarket wires but unsure. Have to look into it as well, I just peeked under the cap and it was a little corroded but nothing serious. Will post pics

OP
OP

95sn

Reaction score
imagepng

87hurricane

Reaction score
Any corrosion under the cap is serious. Start with a new cap and rotor, and if the wires aren't new, replace them as well. As for plugs, I'd recommend nothing but autolite or motorcraft, and cheaper and simpler the better, no platinum plugs etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online