Look AT WHAT I GOT !

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I thought you swore up and down this thing was so "fast" .... That's like a time my stock vert will pull.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Thats not bad for a thunderbird which is pretty heavy and auto, so all you need is 4.10's and some more mods you'll be in the 13's in no time and still be a comfortable and daily.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
I thought you swore up and down this thing was so "fast" .... That's like a time my stock vert will pull.

it is fast, just cant get it off the line well even with the 383's.....14's for a 4000lb tbird is respectable id think..
a stock very probluy weighs 1/3 less than my car,plus I ran with a full bodykit that's made of rubber,an amp and sub and my spare tire and all...

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
I guessed it woulda been a bit faster also but I cant forget it is unturned and I have a puny 70mm throttlebody wich for my setup is my choke off point.. so tune,80mm mafs and a 75 or that bbk 78mm tbody/plenum combo and ille call it a day...and if I come across another nice nitrous kit for the price I will put it on this car and that I know personally on these cars on a 100shot is a bit over a second in the 1/4 miles.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
it is fast, just cant get it off the line well even with the 383's.....14's for a 4000lb tbird is respectable id think..
a stock very probluy weighs 1/3 less than my car,plus I ran with a full bodykit that's made of rubber,an amp and sub and my spare tire and all...

You do realize a Vert GT weighs in around 3500-3700 lbs. and that's with a tired old 215hp 301( 5.0 )

if my research is correct your curb weight is around 3700 lbs.

so yeah.........

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
You do realize a Vert GT weighs in around 3500-3700 lbs. and that's with a tired old 215hp 301( 5.0 )

if my research is correct your curb weight is around 3700 lbs.

so yeah.........

you show me a stock npi vert running 14's and ille never show my face around here again...but then same goes for you...deal.? because I was beating a 98 bolted on mustang,irocZ with a 350 and exhaust and a nice ass lsc.... like I said I cant get my auto car off the line..25 jumps and I guarantee I run with a lot of cars you wouldn't expect..
im unturned fool. I have a lot of un exposed HP..my pi setup is running an an npi rate for crying out loud and I still ran 14's...so ya for what this car is,its fast.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
you show me a stock npi vert running 14's and ille never show my face around here again...but then same goes for you...deal.? because I was beating a 98 bolted on mustang,irocZ with a 350 and exhaust and a nice ass lsc.... like I said I cant get my auto car off the line..25 jumps and I guarantee I run with a lot of cars you wouldn't expect..
im unturned fool. I have a lot of un exposed HP..my pi setup is running an an npi rate for crying out loud and I still ran 14's...so ya for what this car is,its fast.

I'm going to give you one word of advice just stop while you think your ahead...

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
well I beat the mustang and lsc so if somehow a vert being heavier is running fast idk...maby the stang was pissed out but it had exhaust.tbody and intake that I could see and it was auto...we were all auto..i read people running 14.1 in a stock 98 but I call bs on that all day.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
facts you read on the net mostly are bs, get to the track and truly see...just like how bolt ons say they add so much...lol it all rlly doesn't.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
You guys are gonna give Frankenstang crap for his thunderbird? That's ****ed up. It's heavy, auto and running 14's that's not bad at all plus it's stock. I believe 260hp out of the pi motor is like a 13.9/14.0 stock 99-04 mustang 5-speed car, so it's just the auto and weight that keeping him from doing the same as a mustang. And to some yes that is fast compared to Ricers.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Btw Frankenstang, you should get some saleens and that car would look tits.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Btw Lincoln Mark VIII LSC's (I'm assuming the 97-98 your talkin about) puts out about a little over 220 to the wheels stock and some of them haul ass. They're heavy but they move lol. I agree, some saleens would look tits on your tbird. I always liked the older Tbirds from the late 80s to late 90s. Throw some 4.10s in it, and 3600 stall torque converter you'll be in the 13s on some sticky tires.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Mark VIII's (97-98s) usually run sky high 14s to mid 15s. The earlier marks, 93-96 ran mid 14s stock no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online