Look AT WHAT I GOT !

Goldmember

Reaction score
A high-stall would make a big difference. Maybe an aluminum d/s off a Mark for less rotating mass. My dad had a '97 T-bird LX Sport for a while, great car to drive but a dog off the line.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
Btw Lincoln Mark VIII LSC's (I'm assuming the 97-98 your talkin about) puts out about a little over 220 to the wheels stock and some of them haul ass. They're heavy but they move lol. I agree, some saleens would look tits on your tbird. I always liked the older Tbirds from the late 80s to late 90s. Throw some 4.10s in it, and 3600 stall torque converter you'll be in the 13s on some sticky tires.

my car is 220 stock, a mark is 280 or 290 I forget, they got that nice ole 32v motor in which I miss sooosooo much..i wonder what my 32v bird would have ran.

im also talking to the wife and im thinking about getting an xcal and have a mailorder tune for my car.but I want the cheapest tuner possible,i don't wanna spend over 400 bucks...is it possible?
and what site do I go to where I fill out a form for all my mods befor I purchase the tune...I want that one.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
my car is 220 stock, a mark is 280 or 290 I forget, they got that nice ole 32v motor in which I miss sooosooo much..i wonder what my 32v bird would have ran.

im also talking to the wife and im thinking about getting an xcal and have a mailorder tune for my car.but I want the cheapest tuner possible,i don't wanna spend over 400 bucks...is it possible?
and what site do I go to where I fill out a form for all my mods befor I purchase the tune...I want that one.

Ahh gotcha. My dads got a 95 mark, love them 32V motors.. The 93-96s have 280hp, 97-98s have 290 because of the true dual exhaust they got in 97. They got close to 300 ft lbs too.. My dads 95 would put bus lengths on my 5.0 no problem. Idk about the tuner though.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
maby americanmuscle with the bama tunes ille get....im pretty shur I have the same ecu as a mustang for a 97 so I gotta keep researching to see if its the one I need...where Oxman when I need him..?

Nightmare

Reaction score
You guys are gonna give Frankenstang crap for his thunderbird? That's ****ed up. It's heavy, auto and running 14's that's not bad at all plus it's stock. I believe 260hp out of the pi motor is like a 13.9/14.0 stock 99-04 mustang 5-speed car, so it's just the auto and weight that keeping him from doing the same as a mustang. And to some yes that is fast compared to Ricers.
Actually, muscle mustangs and fast fords ran a 13.6 with a bone stock 40th anniversary Mustang Gt with an auto and stock 3.27 gears........most people run 13.9-14.1s stock though.

They should be able to do it, just make sure that you tell them it is for a thunderbird and not a mustang. Don't expect a huge jump in hp though with the mods you have....on average it will be only 15-20 more on a mostly stock car like yours.

Now for the person who said "4.10's and some sticky tires" and what ever else he said.......do you not realize that his car has an IRS and he would probably break one of his cv shafts with sticky tires....

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
my buddy has slicks on his built cougar and has no irs issues and its running high 13's with bottle..
im thinking im just going to go with a superchips 1725 tuner for 1/3 the price...
ive used them on multiple cars and its a good tuner..no use in paying for an xcal that does the same exact stuff and I doubt dialing in my mods wont net me more than an extra 5hp plus I don't care about dattalogging and stuff,and for the money that's just not worth it to me.i mainly need to adjust shift points,firm them up more,get a 93 oct tune and remove limiters all oif which I can do with a tuner I can get on ebay for rite now for 90 bucks..
The only thing id be worried about is I have 24lb injectors running me rich buuuut I do have a calibrated ProM mafs for them that's installed..
can a canned tune really be better than the superchips one I want exp when I can get one for under 100 bucks and the other one is 370,plus with the pricey one I have to rip into my car to get access to my ecu code in which I have no clue about.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
tuner bought,i went superchips because im familiar with it and its brand new for 160 bucks shipped.....

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Dude I'm no one to say what to do with your money...but when you post in the chat saying you have a suspended DL and its bc of tickets and you don't want to pay he tickets bc your moving to another state.... Seriously ?!!!! What goes on in that mind of yours?

I would be more worried about paying my tickets and forcing jail time for trying to skate around the legal system then buying car parts

Don't post stuff like that in the forum.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Actually, muscle mustangs and fast fords ran a 13.6 with a bone stock 40th anniversary Mustang Gt with an auto and stock 3.27 gears........most people run 13.9-14.1s stock though.

They should be able to do it, just make sure that you tell them it is for a thunderbird and not a mustang. Don't expect a huge jump in hp though with the mods you have....on average it will be only 15-20 more on a mostly stock car like yours.

Now for the person who said "4.10's and some sticky tires" and what ever else he said.......do you not realize that his car has an IRS and he would probably break one of his cv shafts with sticky tires....

That was me. 4.10s in that car would make it move.. My dad has a mark viii, similar to the tbird and react similarly to mods. The mark also has an IRS. He wouldn't brake one of his cv shafts, and by sticky I meant like a nitto or mt street radial, not slicks. He's gonna need a lot more power and gear to brake one of those.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Someone give me the keys to there stock npi vert please so he doesn't show his face around here again :)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just ****ing around that's not horrible for a tank ... Ur actually getting outta the whole not half bad 2.1 60ft most the dumb shits aroun here are running 2.3-2.4 60fts on street tires

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Tickets from other states will catch up sooner er later and when they do the price doesn't go down with time.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
Dude I'm no one to say what to do with your money...but when you post in the chat saying you have a suspended DL and its bc of tickets and you don't want to pay he tickets bc your moving to another state.... Seriously ?!!!! What goes on in that mind of yours?

I would be more worried about paying my tickets and forcing jail time for trying to skate around the legal system then buying car parts

Don't post stuff like that in the forum.

some people also rode horses back in the day with bandanas and guns , maby im modern .

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
are we talking about a 5 speed or auto? if auto, forget about it.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
my car isn't the best out of the hole but in a race anything other than off the line,look out..also now that I got my tuner enroute I know for a fact it good for a little over half a second in the 1/4 because I had one and I tested it at the track with my cougar I had that was very similar built to this car..

Caboose302

Reaction score
Why do people put nitrous on their cars to hit 13's? If I'm going to risk my engine by hitting the "crankshaft release button" it better be to hit low 12s/ high 11s
I'm a little confused though, with the argument about the auto vert 1/4mi time... He said NPI at one point and then someone said 302, but if he's got a PI setup should it be against a PI auto vert?
I had a 93 t-bird with a 5.0 and It was a dog, but it was a fun dog.. Lol. Did some awesome burnouts and rode really nice. You can definitely feel the weight in those cars.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Why do people put nitrous on their cars to hit 13's? If I'm going to risk my engine by hitting the "crankshaft release button" it better be to hit low 12s/ high 11s
I'm a little confused though, with the argument about the auto vert 1/4mi time... He said NPI at one point and then someone said 302, but if he's got a PI setup should it be against a PI auto vert?
I had a 93 t-bird with a 5.0 and It was a dog, but it was a fun dog.. Lol. Did some awesome burnouts and rode really nice. You can definitely feel the weight in those cars.

Why do people think nitrous will just blow motors up at anytime, I know it's notorious to people in videos and at the track, but you got to remember a there's a way to fine tune nitrous, using the right timing, octane, fuel pressure, nitrous press, and a couple other tricks, but not everyone knows about that and so they put the nitrous kit on, and follow the directions on a piece of paper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online