Looking for input/perspective

Anger.Engineering

Reaction score
I have a 97GT with an 01 drivetrain swap (previous owner). I am trying to decide if I want to keep it so I'm looking for some perspective from other owners. I know a head/cam swap, or adding a power adder is a few grand. I also know either way I'm looking at around 400-450 max output, but even if it made Hellcat levels of hp how much of that is really useable in the real world?. However...What I am having difficulty with is I know it isn't fast, I would get beaten by a lot of newer cars. These 2 opposing thoughts are what I am struggling with. How do other 2v owners deal with this? How do you accept and be happy with a car that you know is slow, one that would take a lot of money (you don't have) to make reasonably fast? How do you say "I'm happy with just a GT, It's ok it isn't a Cobra or Mach 1"

My concern is If I sell it, and get a Cobra, I still wont be happy. Or worse will regret not spending the money on the GT. I know either supercharging it or using that money and proceeds from the sale would get me close to Cobra (96-98) prices.

Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
96-98 cobras aren’t much faster than new edge gt’s, just FYI. The way I look at it is that yeah by today’s standard it’s not fast but they’re quick, sound good, cheap and look great. That’s enough for me.

95opal

Reaction score
I have a 97GT with an 01 drivetrain swap (previous owner). I am trying to decide if I want to keep it so I'm looking for some perspective from other owners. I know a head/cam swap, or adding a power adder is a few grand. I also know either way I'm looking at around 400-450 max output, but even if it made Hellcat levels of hp how much of that is really useable in the real world?. However...What I am having difficulty with is I know it isn't fast, I would get beaten by a lot of newer cars. These 2 opposing thoughts are what I am struggling with. How do other 2v owners deal with this? How do you accept and be happy with a car that you know is slow, one that would take a lot of money (you don't have) to make reasonably fast? How do you say "I'm happy with just a GT, It's ok it isn't a Cobra or Mach 1"

My concern is If I sell it, and get a Cobra, I still wont be happy. Or worse will regret not spending the money on the GT. I know either supercharging it or using that money and proceeds from the sale would get me close to Cobra (96-98) prices.

I sell it, and get a Cobra, I still wont be happy.
/\/\/\/\
Thats all i see in your post lol
That said Boost your gt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online