Looking for some part numbers and idenification help - 96 Cobra

cowtown

Reaction score
Hi all, so I spent much of the last weekend crawling through my recently acquired Cobra and cleaning, fixing etc. Came across two things, or at least one new thing, one thing I noticed much earlier and I'm a bit stumped.

The first is this panel in the back, it's pretty clear that this is either not the right one for this car or the clips on the back (all of them broken) do a really good job of holding it in place properly. You can see a gap on the right, partly exaggerated as I have some rags under there to help with an incessant squeak coming from back there. Ideally I'd like to order a new one or if it comes to it fix this one (though that looks tough). I haven't had any luck finding the actual name or official part number for this thing yet, anyone have a clue?

attachment.php

Next up is this do dad, over by my drivers side headlight. I was putting in some nighthawks and I don't know how I missed this thing before but this little box is just stuck to the support and has a wire going to the drivers headlight, one to the battery and one to the drivers side coil. My gut says this is something to get daytime running lamps working on the car for when it was imported into Canada (a requirement here). What I can say is that DRL is currently not working, I certainly wouldn't mind getting it to work so if anyone recognizes this part and can confirm and/or tell me where I can replace it I'd appreciate it. (picture is upside down for legibility).

attachment.php

Shawn

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that piece on the rear seat never fit well.

The box in the 2nd pic is a relay. Could be for daytime running lights.

kb1982

Reaction score
Is the battery wire from the relay going to positve or negative? The wire running from the coil to the relay is prolly supplying voltage to close the relay, (only energized when the key is on), which lets power flow from the battery through the relay, and out the blue wire to the driverside headlight which would carry over to the passenger side headlight also. Take a pic of the top of the relay where the diagram is, along with a part number so we can see if it is a normally open or closed. If it is wired like im thinking, that thing needs an inline fuse between the battery and relay for saftey. Once we have more info, it should be fairly easy to trouble shoot with a multimeter

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I have only owned convertible mustang so i don't have that issue but i heard that panel issue is normal on coupe mustang s

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Yeah that gap will never fit but feel good knowing the fit and finish of your interior is on par with a 2010 camaro

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Lol ^

My mom has owned camaro's since I was a kid and I realized then how crappy the interior was. That pretty much set my undesire for Chevy.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it would be really easy to find out what the relay powers but simple disconnecting it. Be sure the wire doesn't short out to the chassis but if it DTRL the lights will go out if you disconnect nearly any wire to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.