Loose rocker arm help

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I can't find anything on line about this and i'm freaking out about it. I put my stock push rods rockers on my new set of gt40p heads and torqued everything down. When the valves are closed the rockers have some side to side movement.. There is no up and down movement though. I read some where that the stock ones are designed to "float" but I don't know what that means exactly our if its even true... Please help some one! I plan to get the car started tomorrow once my headers get here!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Don't freak out they have little side to side "wiggle" type play.

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
Dude thanks for saying something... School is starting up again tomorrow and I cant sleep because im scared that im going to try to start the car up and have a shit load of problems.. I didnt think they would be an issue at first because they dont loose any contact on the stem. But the more I thought about it the more I started to worry!

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Yea the tip of the rocker will move side to side a little on the stem.Atleast any sbf I have ever owned did.Luckily there is no one under your valve covers wiggling rocker arms while its running so they stay straight lol

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
Well i'm not too sure about that... I swear my mustang has little gremlins all over the place ****in shit up..

OP
OP
test-tube-baby

test-tube-baby

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for the help! I got the car running and theres no issues!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online

No members online now.