low coolant light sensor ???

xs man 27

Reaction score
I have a low coolant light on in my instrument gauge cluster.. I was wondering if anyone has a link to a site that sells them cheap ??? thank you

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
where is the sensor located also ? sorry dumb newb questions....

Suspect

Reaction score
Its in the overflow bottle.. throw some fluid in it. It will shut off, but u might be loosing some somewhere.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Don't just look at the bottle and see green and think it is full. The plastic overflow bottles will stain over time and if you don't physically look, it may look full when it is empty.

chris91

Reaction score
Or you could just have the typical dead sensor inside the tank. If you normally keep your eye on your fluid levels you can just unplug that sensor and the light will go off.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
That idiot light is a waste of time, just pull the sensor and your light will go out :thumbsup:

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt the sensor is bad. If the light is on, than your coolant level is probably low.

When I put the aftermarket coolant expansion tank on the cobra, there wasn't a place to put the sensor, so I just left it disconnected. The light remains off when the sensor is disconnected.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Good tech guys...thanks. The coolant light in my ride stays illuminated, so I'm figuring a cleaning of krusties is in order.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks to all who replied ,, I just did everything mentioned from pouring a lil more anti freeze in, clean the sensor and the three prongs,.. no more light... easy fix... thanks again everyone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online