Lowered mustang with side exit exhaust

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
Another thing to think about ...do you have subframes? If so your side pipes have to clear those too & they will need to be flattened or they will hit everything...I'm not doing my side pipes until I can bag mine...
I have decided for the price he is selling I am picking them up ans painting them but holding off on the install to get things in order to put them on and not worry about when I put subframe connectors on

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My xpipe scrapes before my side exhaust skirts do. My front bumper hits before anything else does!!!! Lol

If you put them on right you will be ok as long as you drive smart. I either sidestep speed bumps or I look for a route around them. Other than that I really have no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4 l shaped brackets bolted from front to back under the car attaching the skirts and 4 screws through top of rocker. Then attached by a single screw at front wheel well and one at back. Smoothed in and you can't tell any of them are there.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I too have mine mounted on top and bottom to prevent problems, only way I would recommend attaching it all.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
I too have mine mounted on top and bottom to prevent problems, only way I would recommend attaching it all.
I'm screwed on top, front and back, but use chains to hold the bottoms up. Works very well

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
chains? Sounds interesting never thought of that before. The shop that did mine riveted a piece of L-channel aluminum to the bottom and then bent L-brackets to mount to the chassis. Maaco can and will go a little above the norm if you tell them too.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
chains? Sounds interesting never thought of that before. The shop that did mine riveted a piece of L-channel aluminum to the bottom and then bent L-brackets to mount to the chassis. Maaco can and will go a little above the norm if you tell them too.
I had solid brackets. They kept bending and breaking. The Chain Holds It Up But Will Allow It To Flex Up As well

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
I had solid brackets. They kept bending and breaking. The Chain Holds It Up But Will Allow It To Flex Up As well
Pics please if you have any

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just do it, worst case scenario you can always go back to rear exit or dumps. Actually I always got more compliments when I had slash/angle cut side exhaust tips and no side skirts then I do now that I have skirts.

Always other options and people are always looking for those if you decide later on not to use them.

Good luck and post pics

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think only mustang/sn people really see the sideskirts. I had a neighbor from down the road stop in and say hi and check out what I was doing and he commented that he had never noticed the side exhaust before and I have passed him I don't know how many times when it was running. I have always been amazed by that comment as I remember the first time I saw a sn with them and it was one of those moments where I said I was going to do that to my sn someday no matter the cost. Jesus now thinking back with the exhaust and the air ride to keep it safe that was one really f'n expensive day.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Side exit exhaust on the SN is sexy as hell. Is it best to just buy the Spintech kit and the chassis braces to go with it, or can you just reroute the exhaust system you already have?

How does everyone have their side exhaust set up?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Xpipe goes straight to slp bullets then turns right out each side. Pics n my build thread. It doesn't get much more free flowing then that!!!! Lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The traditional side exhaust mufflers have the entrance and the exit on the same side and it just curves out from there to the sideskirt. As logan said a lot of guys just get a small muffler and and mount it off of the X-pipe and then out the side.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran a Borla side exhaust with my subframe connectors and man they dragged a lot more than I would have liked. Ultimately why I got rid of them.

OP
OP
badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0

Reaction score
I ran a Borla side exhaust with my subframe connectors and man they dragged a lot more than I would have liked. Ultimately why I got rid of them.
Man that does not sound fun but at same time worth it
The traditional side exhaust mufflers have the entrance and the exit on the same side and it just curves out from there to the sideskirt. As logan said a lot of guys just get a small muffler and and mount it off of the X-pipe and then out the side.
Pics

Xpipe goes straight to slp bullets then turns right out each side. Pics n my build thread. It doesn't get much more free flowing then that!!!! Lol

Any chance we could get a link to your thread
I think only mustang/sn people really see the sideskirts. I had a neighbor from down the road stop in and say hi and check out what I was doing and he commented that he had never noticed the side exhaust before and I have passed him I don't know how many times when it was running. I have always been amazed by that comment as I remember the first time I saw a sn with them and it was one of those moments where I said I was going to do that to my sn someday no matter the cost. Jesus now thinking back with the exhaust and the air ride to keep it safe that was one really f'n expensive day.
I think every one sees them that are car people

Side exit exhaust on the SN is sexy as hell. Is it best to just buy the Spintech kit and the chassis braces to go with it, or can you just reroute the exhaust system you already have?

How does everyone have their side exhaust set up?

Mr boren. And I picked up my skirts today I sill start sanding on them asap
2647ff22a47b1e32a8296330d329a855.jpg
174f9c1c359229afd99f1391c90c6501.jpg
21aae954675385c71541ef6c96416e6f.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful sanding them down that far. When you go to spray them they will probably fish eye. If so just lightly resand and respray. The two chunks I see missing will be easy to fix as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online