LT1 vs. 5.0

joefelly3888

Reaction score
went to the local dunkin donuts tonight to meet a bunch of people with their rides. Bunch of bikes, imports :rice:, and my buddies camaros. My friend camaro is a 95 LT1 with some work done to it. (Intake, catback, gears, ignition, suspension, heavy duty clutch, short throw) We decided to take off at a light with no cops around... I took him off the line and had him all the way through 1st and half of second. He passes me and he's only half a car length in front. I shift into third and im coming up QUICK on him. Unfortunately there was a light so we need to slow down. I would have had him if there wasnt a light. Then going from a roll at 45 we took off again. SMOKED his ass. My friend bought the camaro from a guy who showed him a 12.8 time slip. Now i dunno to believe the cars runs that good or the timeslip a fake. But i was very surprised of how my car is running with just the short list of mods i have. maybe i do have a factory freak on my hands. Just wanted to post this and see what everyone thought. ;D

rgs

Reaction score
sorry to burst your bubble but a lt1 with those mods will not run 12.8.

and with your list of mods i would think your car would hover in the low 14's somewhere

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
yeah yeah yeah, i def know it wouldnt run a 12.8, but even if there supposed to run 13 seconds, i dont think my car did that bad. You sure did know how to take away my high. :slap:

rgs

Reaction score
lol sry man. just stating the facts

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can show a time slip of 9.90's it doesnt mean it reflects the ability of my car :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:, if you want to see what any car can REALLY DO line them up and get it done.

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
does anyone know what an lt1 with those mods would run depending if the driver knows how to drive his car? I know i would probably run a low 14 if my tires hook. These bf goodrichs are sticky as hell

G

GREG@SN95

uh...

1995 LT1 puts out a little more power and slightly out performs the 1995 GT...

you beat him... cause... he can't drive for poo :hammer: :thumb:

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
what do you guys think about our cars running against srt-4s. Theres kids all around where i live that think there the shit cause they drive a neon. Anyone ever have an encounter with one? this kid i know up here talks alot of shit about his car. hes got a catback , stage 1 ecm, short throw, shitty tires. ive read some things saying its pretty much a drivers race blah blah blah. what does everyone think?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
dont get over cocky when you are talking about srt-4 cars, if they have the right combo they can haul major ass. There is quite a few of them around here in my area that run mid 12's all day long EASY. Just be carefull what ones you decide to take on.

G

GREG@SN95

joefelly3888 said:
what do you guys think about our cars running against srt-4s. Theres kids all around where i live that think there the shit cause they drive a neon. Anyone ever have an encounter with one? this kid i know up here talks alot of shit about his car. hes got a catback , stage 1 ecm, short throw, shitty tires. ive read some things saying its pretty much a drivers race blah blah blah. what does everyone think?

they are fast...

tell ya what... I beat faster cars easily... s200s, 350zs, etc (i'm a dern decent driver)

srt4s... i can't beat... I'll DESTROY them off the line... but once that turbo spools up... :eek:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
joefelly3888 said:

they are fast...

tell ya what... I beat faster cars easily... s200s, 350zs, etc (i'm a dern decent driver)

srt4s... i can't beat... I'll DESTROY them off the line... but once that turbo spools up... :eek:

boost makes all the difference necessary huh............. :-\

wytstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
GREG@SN95 said:
joefelly3888 said:

they are fast...

boost makes all the difference necessary huh............. :-\
Exactly your car does not have enough to take a stock SRT4 with a decent driver. I have more go parts then you and can't beat them, 3rd gear and they will just pull you.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
i smoke them all the time at open road course track days, but it does help to have a vortech under your hood. :banana:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95CALI-5.0 said:
i smoke them all the time at open road course track days, but it does help to have a vortech under your hood. :banana:

haveing a nicely modded 4 valve with 4:30 gears and drag radials is pretty helpfull too :)

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95CALI-5.0 said:

haveing a nicely modded 4 valve with 4:30 gears and drag radials is pretty helpfull too :)

you said it!!!!

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
oh no i wasnt even thikning about running against them. I was just curious. A kid i know has one and its pretty gross. sounds like shit and looks like shit, but i guess it hauls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lndabrkes01