mach 460 front door speakers color codes.... new stereo in the works

ll2none

Reaction score
ok here is the skinny... 1995 convertible gt..came with mach 460 cd/cass.. all that stock equipment is out... starting fresh.. i put new speakers in the doors, i left the tweeters in place... all stock amps have been removed..im running new speaker wires from my new amps... here is the problem, i'm trying to trace the door speakers,.... when i hook up to the right door(white/light green--dark green/orange) i only hear sound from the tweeter.. are there 2 different inputs for the doors... and i'm having trouble finding the drivers side wires....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
check out page 2.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/1994-ford-mustang-gt-coupe-2d

you see the hrns I point to in the dash next to the radio. If you unplug that hrns and use the male side of it, those wires go directly to the tweets and the color codes should match as well. Those were basically ran off of deck power and really only ran through a basic/cheap eq/cross over and then to the tweets. The woofers now were driven off the amp on the drivers side rear and the wires go directly to the woofers from there. More then likely you can check the hrns that goes into the back of the car that hooked up to the amp for the same colored wires you listed above and just splice them there if you are running aftermarket amps. That hrns goes up the drivers side and plugs into a square hrns up by the kick, you can probably find the wires there if you are running them off of deck power.

Another option if just off of deck power, connect the radios speaker outs to the bypass hrns I pointed to earlier. Now just forget the facory wires hooked up to the door speaker and just use run another wire to the tweeter wire to tap your signal. There is plenty of room in the door if you need to hide an external cross over but be sure that it is not just layin on the bottom of the door or it will get wet.

mustangspartan

Reaction score
Did my buddies car about 3 weeks ago best thing to do is dont use anything mach460 at all if you wanted the tweeters get some componets otherwise screw it all and rewire it. Its not hard just take your time you might want to go and get a plug in harness so you can attach all the wires for a nice look instead of tape/soder/liquid tape whatever you fancy.

Oh and TTOCS car is sexy :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks for the compliments, can't wait to take a vid of the new lope from the cam I installed, also did some more work on the new stereo tonight.

There is no reason to run new wire unless you are concerned about competing.

Mustang46

Reaction score
I was going to say, I ran all new wires to all my speakers from my amp. I did away with the Ford Audio system. They tie it into too many things and make it hard to do anything.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
thanks for the compliments, can't wait to take a vid of the new lope from the cam I installed, also did some more work on the new stereo tonight.

There is no reason to run new wire unless you are concerned about competing.

New System? No More 9887?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scott where do you have pics of your car posted?? i didnt see a build thread.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
9887 and the imprint are the only pieces of equipment that is staying. Everything else in the system will be phoenix gold from the connectors and wires to the limited edition amp, Ti elite 3-ways(9s in the doors), and 3 rsdc 10s. The build progress has been slower then slow because my health has been a little worse then normal this summer but with the weather cooling off now it has been better. This will be a long slow build just because I am going to be going a little over the top with some LED lighting to highlight the pieces. Need to pick up some plexi and wood tomorrow, I will post pics when there is something worth showing but right now all I did was pull the old pieces and make some rings for the fiberglass box for the subs(front and rear).

Also if anyone is interested in my diamond audio componants, make an offer.

mustangspartan

Reaction score
Are you looking at some LEDs that will go with the sound or just be for ambient lighting? Both? Sounds like a cool build i always love the sound of 10s over 12s seems to keep up all types of music.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online