Mach 460, ignition whine & bass problem

cdsmith_2002

Reaction score
My goal is to get my Mach 460 working properly. I had a Mach 460 car 10 years ago and I liked it. I just bought a 1994 Cobra and the Mach 460 is not fully functional.

Problem 1) The rear woofers produce a constant fluttering bass noise so I unplugged the right hand rear amp.
Problem 2) The front woofers produce an intermittant fluttering bass noise during bass events in the playback.
Problem 3) The front woofers produce ingition noise that varies with engine speed and is alway present.

I've already bought & installed used replacement amps on ebay (all 3) that did not change any of the above symptoms. For now, I've unplugged both of the rear amps. There are not any problems with the tweaters, front or rear. I'm wondering if the head unit is the source of the noise and maybe it is sending bad signals to the rear amps? I checked the ground to the rear amps and it is <1ohm to the chassis.

Any input would be apreciated! (except 'gut' the Mach 460 and install aftermarket!) :nonono:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All those result to pretty much a bad ground, specially the wine when accelerating, check your grounds its hard to say where but check the amps to begin with then your headunit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online