Map Light LED Help

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I just bought THESE Leds, and i installed one, but it wont light up. I switched the polarity too but still no light. Also it fits in the socket in the mirror but, wiggles a bit, but still has contact with the terminals. Thought this would be easy lol.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Putting LEDs in backwards usually don't do anything. They either light (correct) or they don't (wrong) and I've never popped any fuses installing LEDs on any vehicles before.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Has to be a fuse... I can't see how you would of shorted anything by simply replacing the bulb... It's like replacing a bulb in a lamp. And I've never heard of someone shorting out a lamp while changing a bulb.

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
then wtf happend. My power mirror, glove box light, stereo stopped working and thats all fuse 8. But why did that happen and why wont the leds work :mad:

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Its easy to pop a fuse. Their sole purpose is to fail when the wiring gets too hot thus preventing your car from BURNING to the ground :D

Keep calm and replace the fuses...

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Replace the fuse and put the regular bulb back in. Does everything work again? If so, I'd guess the LED shorted out the circuit. There's really no other explanation. Put the LED back in and try it again. It may have been a one time fluke. If you pop the fuse a second time, then don't use those LEDs. They may be defective.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Replace the fuse and put the regular bulb back in. Does everything work again? If so, I'd guess the LED shorted out the circuit. There's really no other explanation. Put the LED back in and try it again. It may have been a one time fluke. If you pop the fuse a second time, then don't use those LEDs. They may be defective.

That would prove the LED defective and, unless the vendor has a no return/exhcnage policy, i'd exchange it for another.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Putting LEDs in backwards usually don't do anything. They either light (correct) or they don't (wrong) and I've never popped any fuses installing LEDs on any vehicles before.

Yeah thats odd.. I've put leds in just about everything possible and never had an issue. Reversing the bulbs was about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.