MGW Short Throw Shifter Review.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I put a version 1 MGW on my 97 GT.

My 95 GT came with a b&h ripper shifter and it feels exactly the same as my MGW did.

no difference.
headshot1.jpg

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
MGW is the only shifter I'll ever run in any mod motor car. Glad you like it Joe. I daily on their shorter race handle and the angle I have it at makes it every bit as easy to reach as the handle you have. Just an FYI

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
MGW is the only shifter I'll ever run in any mod motor car. Glad you like it Joe. I daily on their shorter race handle and the angle I have it at makes it every bit as easy to reach as the handle you have. Just an FYI

My boy runs the MGW in his 02, loves it. Its the older version, shortest handle like you got. So based on your recommendation, him, and [MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION], I just went with it. The MGW video sold me on it. Super happy with my purchase. I was skeptical on which handle to get, I didn't wanna start with the shortest or the longest, so I sprung for the standard. With the adjustability I can lower it to be just as short as the race handle, or raise it. So thats pretty dope. Eventually i might grab the race one. I can't get over how smooth it is, and makes driving way easier

Caboose302

Reaction score
I went from a stock shifter to a Steeda, then traded that for a Pro 5.0 and just recently drove a buddy's 03 Cobra with an MGW so I've gotten a feel for a few different ones. I would only run the Pro 5.0 shifter in ALL of my previous foxes and it's still good in my 96, but after driving the Cobra with the MGW I think I'm going that route after I decide if I'm going to keep my T-45 or save for a T-56. It had an incredibly short and crisp shift to it. Plus the fact that I found out they make gun tools is pretty badass too. (MGW=Maryland Gun Works). I do hate the Pro 5.0 shift handle though, so I kept the Steeda Handle.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I went from a stock shifter to a Steeda, then traded that for a Pro 5.0 and just recently drove a buddy's 03 Cobra with an MGW so I've gotten a feel for a few different ones. I would only run the Pro 5.0 shifter in ALL of my previous foxes and it's still good in my 96, but after driving the Cobra with the MGW I think I'm going that route after I decide if I'm going to keep my T-45 or save for a T-56. It had an incredibly short and crisp shift to it. Plus the fact that I found out they make gun tools is pretty badass too. (MGW=Maryland Gun Works). I do hate the Pro 5.0 shift handle though, so I kept the Steeda Handle.

Nicee. Yeah they make things for the military too. Pretty cool

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I <3 MGW so much, I get a discount because of how many shifters I order for people ;p

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I would really love to pick up an MGW for my car, however I do like the Roush shifter arm, and you can't use it with MGW base. Primarily, I just want to get rid of the Pro5.0 base, because it rattles.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I would really love to pick up an MGW for my car, however I do like the Roush shifter arm, and you can't use it with MGW base. Primarily, I just want to get rid of the Pro5.0 base, because it rattles.

No rattles with the mgw. They give you all new hardware for everything. Silicone gasket or rtv sealant, they give you both so you decide. Even give a layer of sound deadening to go on top of the shifter, under the bezel. So it stays a little cooler and quieter

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Yeah, I know that. I actually had a chance to hold an MGW shifter base in my hand at a shop a while ago, and one thing that really impressed me was the lack of play in the shifter pivot ball. Pro5.0 doesn't have much, but it is still there, and they mask it by filling the void with silicone. Once silicone melts away, it starts to rattle at full throttle. Annoying as hell, because it sounds like detonation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online