mod chip?

voidfinger

Reaction score
cobraclone said:
No no i meant get new PI head assembly and swap the cam to VT/2 or COMP or any other. And would i need to upgrade valve springs even though the valve train would be new. ???

I would, they have higher lift and you won't want valves to float into pistons you know :noes:

Fryrice

Reaction score
cobraclone said:
No no i meant get new PI head assembly and swap the cam to VT/2 or COMP or any other. And would i need to upgrade valve springs even though the valve train would be new. ???

Yes ,upgrading the springs has nothin to do with how new the valvetrain is. But you have to dyno tune them cuz they change your air/fuel trims a lot. Its a radical departure from NPI.

The Stage 1 cams may be an option for you ,since they make their power a little bit sooner than 2's. But if you plan on getting a better intake and maybe some head work,then 2's are the way to go. You just have to decide where you want the most performance.

BTW- I think we need another thread for you. We ass jacked this thread,lol.

cobraclone

Reaction score
this thread stop been objective after the claims of 280hp with a tune ;D ill do another thread with all future plans.

voidfinger

Reaction score
cobraclone said:
this thread stop been objective after the claims of 280hp with a tune ;D ill do another thread with all future plans.

The 99 up cars with the 260 hp would have 280 at the flywheel with a good tune. Maybe thats what he means? ive seen a stock 02 with a dyno tune and a CAI and Plenum make 264 to the tire on a Mustang Dyno. Pretty Impressive.

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
cobraclone said:

The 99 up cars with the 260 hp would have 280 at the flywheel with a good tune. Maybe thats what he means? ive seen a stock 02 with a dyno tune and a CAI and Plenum make 264 to the tire on a Mustang Dyno. Pretty Impressive.
maybe, the guy did work at ford as a test driver till 2000, guess he got mixed up

voidfinger

Reaction score
easy to do some times. plus i read earlier in the tread about all 96-98 gt's only haveing 215...wrong, the 98's had 225 thanks to a little more flowing exaust ports and some extra tuning :)

cobraclone

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
easy to do some times. plus i read earlier in the tread about all 96-98 gt's only haveing 215...wrong, the 98's had 225 thanks to a little more flowing exaust ports and some extra tuning :)

always wondered what was about 98 that gave it that 10hp gain, is it valve port or the exaust port?

voidfinger

Reaction score
cobraclone said:
voidfinger said:

always wondered what was about 98 that gave it that 10hp gain, is it valve port or the exaust port?

I think its the exaust port... i think. I know that people that port these npi heads will usally only do the 98 castings since they are better to start with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shagg9

Members online