Monitors

01yellercobra

Reaction score
So I'm trying to pass smog and I'm having issues setting a couple monitors. I don't have a stock tune for my car as the previous owner never gave me the tuner with it. I do have the Pro Racer Package though. I'm currently running the stock MAF with a Bassani catted X. Everything is turned on in the tune as far as I can tell.

So the monitors I'm having issues are the EGR and catalyst. I've tried doing the Ford drive cycle and even tried setting cruise at 60mph and drove 40 miles as thats what my smog guy said to do.

I'm wondering if there isn't enough of a difference between the up stream and down stream sensors to start the monitor. I do have a stock mid pipe to throw on. As a last ditch effort I'm thinking of getting the ECU flashed back to 100% stock by Ford. Of course I'd unlock my tuner first.

One last bit of info. For some reason my ECU isn't liking this tune at first. After loading it the car will start then die. The theft light will be flashing. When I start the car again it'll run just fine and the theft light goes out. It sets a P1260 code, but it goes away after two start cycles. I do have a P0602 code though. It says something about bad programming in the ECU. But the car runs and drives fine.

OP
OP
01yellercobra

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Just a quick update. I finally loaded what is essentially a stock Ford tune and the monitors set within 20 miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online