MSD Install Locations?

drifts14x

Reaction score
So I just purchased a brand new MSD ignition system for my 1995 Mustang GT. I got the 6AL box #6420, Blaster2 Coil #8202, MSD Harness #8874, and a set of the 8.5mm Super Conductor Wires #31199. I was looking under the hood though, and I can't seem to find any really good places to mount the box and coil that aren't going to be jammed against other components, plus, I want the install to look really clean, because if it doesn't look good, why even bother. Does anybody have any suggestions, or know of things that can be safely removed to make room for my new toys? Let me first say that I don't want to relocate the battery to the trunk (need the room). Any advice though would really help... and if you could post a picture of where you would mount it (especially if you have it installed in your car) that would help too. Thanks again guys, and woot, woot for my first post on these forums (Thanks to Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords for exposing me to them).

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Put it under the passenger seat. Do a search - this has been discussed recently in another thread.

Anrev

Reaction score
Right side of engine bay forward of the shock tower.

95mustangt

Reaction score
put my in the trunk mounted to the back of the seat..
havent had any problems but only had it conectted a week or so..
was having timin issues at the time. but ran all the wire along driver side under carpet and through firewall

95gtdrop

Reaction score
Mines under the pass . Seat along with my adj timing contil box. Plenty of room under there. I'd also go with the tfi coil. It's made to work on our 94/95s

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Yep.

I always put mine under the seat.

Don't have a box on this car. I'll wait till I need one.

When I do, this time I'm going with mallory.

Mallory > MSD

ram360

Reaction score
mine is in the engine compartment where the battery used to be.

94kingcbra

Reaction score
did anybody put a bulkhead connector on the firewall when they ran their wires inside? Or did you just run the wires straight through the firewall? I'm moving mine from behing the shock tower to under my passenger seat.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Mine is located on my passenger side firewall. I'd take a pic but I just pulled out it along with most of the other wiring.

95mustangt

Reaction score
do you have to remove the oem ingnition module for it to run right. someone suggested it to me due to having issues when its connected to the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.