Muffler cutouts with longtubes and prochamber?

dutman98

Reaction score
I Installed my headers and o/r prochamber. I got mac pro dumps also but wanted to hook up my catback first to see what it sounded like. I bought the car with muffler cutouts. It sounds awesome with the cutouts, I thought it was going to be annoying loud but it sound pretty good. I was wondering If It is bad to run the car with this combo. Do you guys think I'm losing power?

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
Im done with my install now and its too load under a load. Im going to put my produmps on. It was fun driving it around with out mufflers, people were like :nonono:.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
you might lose some low end torque with out the back pressure of the catback, but the midpipe should have taken care of that enough, so I would say that its not hurting anything, except your ears!

OP
OP
D

dutman98

Reaction score
I was kinda thinking the prochamber would help a little on the backpressure also. I wasn't sure. Its just to loud under a load and kinda sounds like crap higher in the rpm's. Its really raspy up high with no mufflers. I like that low growl. Setting there reving it sounds awesome though. Ran a 9.7 in the 1/8th I'm hoping for 9.5 or something close to that now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online