MustangChris' '96 Terminator Swap - Update 10-16-11

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah update this mc! i dont think ive see many pictures or any at all... I tried looking at the pictures at the beginning few pages of the thread but they dont work for me... and im too lazy to flip through 35 pages to find ones that work. lol

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Chris,
So how did the hell this swap is knocking after so much work done on this baby? did you already open to see what was wrong? I saw you opening to inspect valve cover, oil pan etc... did you see any debris in the oil pan at all? man I am sorry to hear that, I feel your pain.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hello Aviator Guy.

No idea on why it crapped out... Just started knocking on my way home from the grocery store (sign that its probably not piston-slap)

No negative signs in the oil pan or the valve covers. Cam wear was even, timing tensioners were still bright orange, pistons were heat-soaked (expected), rods were spectacular, OEM ARP bolts were in place, no debris to be found.

I did leave the main-caps in place, which may have hidden surface rust on the journals, i dont know....

I'm going to crack it open in 2014 when I'm out of school.
Doing the car thing and the school thing and the work thing and the girlfriend thing and the website admin thing all at the same time is too much... have to take a little time off of something, and i chose the car. So its in storage. :)

the.greg

Reaction score
hello Aviator Guy.

No idea on why it crapped out... Just started knocking on my way home from the grocery store (sign that its probably not piston-slap)

No negative signs in the oil pan or the valve covers. Cam wear was even, timing tensioners were still bright orange, pistons were heat-soaked (expected), rods were spectacular, OEM ARP bolts were in place, no debris to be found.

I did leave the main-caps in place, which may have hidden surface rust on the journals, i dont know....

I'm going to crack it open in 2014 when I'm out of school.
Doing the car thing and the school thing and the work thing and the girlfriend thing and the website admin thing all at the same time is too much... have to take a little time off of something, and i chose the car. So its in storage. :)

I feel your pain man. Its tough to balance life with a fast car. I'm sure you will get her up and running again someday. Sorry to see your hard work end with a knock!!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no kidding ^ i hope you get it figured out soon MC..i wanna see some new pics/videos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online

No members online now.