My 95 5.0, what do you think?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Car looks great! I had 4.10s in my 95 GT for awhile when it was auto, it was a blast to drive. I swapped a 5 speed in and it was ridiculous lol, so 3.55s went in. I highly recommend 4.10s if you plan on staying auto.

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
Car looks great! I had 4.10s in my 95 GT for awhile when it was auto, it was a blast to drive. I swapped a 5 speed in and it was ridiculous lol, so 3.55s went in. I highly recommend 4.10s if you plan on staying auto.
I'm definatley doing gears soon, maybe one day mine could get 5 speed swapped if the aod craps out but no immediate plans so 4.10s might be for me, either that or 3.73s.

red94

Reaction score
TWIN TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol JK Definately SFC gear, HCI

Sheriff41

Reaction score
I've had my '95 crystal white Cobra since '97 and have the same paint peeling. I really like these cars in white. Some good recommendations here. I second the FLSCs, tune, and brakes. I'd add the Cobra front bumper cover and a different style rear spoiler--use the SN95 Ultimate Spoiler/Wing Guide.

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of you guys seems to say I shoulg get full length sub frames while I was thinking just regular length, the only reason I was thinking that is because of cost and simplicity. Also I know this sounds picky but I don't like trusting even the best shops to weld to my subframe so I'd like to limit the amount they can screw up as I've heard regular length are a more straight forward install...?
This car is never going to a track so I don't need insane amounts of rigidity or anything like that so I'm wondering if full length would have a big enough increase on the street to warrant the extra cost and heartache lol. Is it worth it?

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
The difference in stiffness in my car after the FLSFC was night and day. The car is quieter and doesn't feel as much like a wet noodle. Find a shop that knows Mustangs and make sure the weight of the car is on the wheels when the weld them up.

Yes, it's worth it.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Subframe connectors are a pretty straightforward affair. As long as the car is lifted with the weight on the wheels, then it should, in theory, be almost impossible to mess up. I have always heard them called full length subframe connectors, but honestly, I didn't know that any other length existed. Why waste time or money on half length chassis braces? Get full length subframe connectors, go to a couple shops and ask the right questions. Ask if they have a lift that can lift the vehicle with its weight on the tires, or if they have a grease pit, that works, too (as the car will be sitting on its wheels). Ask for examples of the TIG welds that shop's welder produces, and pick the shop with the prettiest welds. If they don't use TIG, go to a different shop. But it's not rocket surgery, it should be all but impossible to negatively impact the structural integrity of your car installing chassis braces... as long as the weight of the car is on its wheels. So don't be afraid to get them installed.

Other than that, definitely look into the brake upgrades, go wingless, and for the love of God and all that is holy, don't put a f!cking cobra bumper on it.

OP
OP
5PointSnow

5PointSnow

Reaction score
for the love of God and all that is holy, don't put a f!cking cobra bumper on it.
Haha wasn't planning on one I already bought new fog lights.

As far as subframes it sounds like full lengths are going to be happening soon but I gotta start saving some more for the shop time first :weld: :grd:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online