My ADD demands this

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the scar on the back of my head reminds me why I don't have one! I high sided on a turn 20+ yrs ago and was lucky to walk away. Since then I have learned to ride a wheelie on my bicycle and like WAY too much. I know if I was back on a sport bike it would not be long before the front wheel was dangling....

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
After doing 200+ multiple times on 2 wheels I learned I didnt respect sport bikes anymore. I sold my turbo’d R1 and when I finished building my buddies turbo’d Busa I did one last 200+ run and declared I’d never own a sport bike again. This life realization just happened to coincide when I first found out I was gonna be a dad 20 years ago.

Do I miss it, he’ll fawking yeah!!! Would I do it again though??? Probably not. I’m too much of an adrenaline junky to not stand it up for 3 gears and then get even crazier.

But go ahead white, I’ll live vicariously through you!!!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
After doing 200+ multiple times on 2 wheels I learned I didnt respect sport bikes anymore. I sold my turbo’d R1 and when I finished building my buddies turbo’d Busa I did one last 200+ run and declared I’d never own a sport bike again. This life realization just happened to coincide when I first found out I was gonna be a dad 20 years ago.

Do I miss it, he’ll fawking yeah!!! Would I do it again though??? Probably not. I’m too much of an adrenaline junky to not stand it up for 3 gears and then get even crazier.

But go ahead white, I’ll live vicariously through you!!!!! [emoji38]

Geez, I just want to ride around on some curvy back roads.;)

Werecow

Reaction score
Oh I remember waaaaaaaaayyyy back in the late 70's when I played around with a dirt bike and had a lot of fun with that. Then in the 80's a friend of mine turned me loose down the road on his yz sans helmet... I can back with a huuuge grin on my face and I realized I liked that waaaaaaaaayyyy too fu*/n muck... I knew if I started down that path is wind up being scraped up with a shovel and placed in baggies as evidence...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
White if anything I miss laying corners knee to knee. We had some crazy new neighborhoods being built in Indy that was all hills and curves. They hadn’t sold a single house yet and me and some buddies would go scrape the knees on our race leathers. Most fun you could have.

We also used to Run the Circle for high stakes.
Basically no les than 5 bikes at no less than $1k entry. 465 makes a perfect circle around Indy. We’d start at a different exit every time and first one back to that exit collected pot. We had people staked out all around to make sure nobody tried to hop off the interstate to cheat.

Won my fare share of those. Also watched my fair share of some major bike accidents doing that.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
White if anything I miss laying corners knee to knee. We had some crazy new neighborhoods being built in Indy that was all hills and curves. They hadn’t sold a single house yet and me and some buddies would go scrape the knees on our race leathers. Most fun you could have.

We also used to Run the Circle for high stakes.
Basically no les than 5 bikes at no less than $1k entry. 465 makes a perfect circle around Indy. We’d start at a different exit every time and first one back to that exit collected pot. We had people staked out all around to make sure nobody tried to hop off the interstate to cheat.

Won my fare share of those. Also watched my fair share of some major bike accidents doing that.

Sounds amazing and years away from my current skill set. Which is none :eek:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds amazing and years away from my current skill set. Which is none :eek:

Here’s what I’ll tell ya. It’s hard to not want to do more. When I first learned to ride I said I woudnt be one of those idiots doing wheelies, week later I was standing it straight up in first. Then I said I woudnt be an idiot shifting with it straight up, then I learned how to kick that gear up without a clutch and go up to 80mph in 3rd with it still standing up. Then I said no endos cause that’s a quick way to wreck, the. I popped the back wheel up on accident a bit and decided to learn how to get it up and roll it a bit.

Point is it doesn’t end. The more I learned, the less I respected the bikes. It’s a dangerous itch to scratch but it’s a lot of fun. I personally don’t have the addictive gene. I’ve done my share of shit that most would be strung out on and I never needed a second try, but the hit from adrenaline always had me doing more and more. Even today I woudnt be afraid to hop on and go nuts but being a husband and father weighs on me. So now I do stupid stuff in my mustang that at least has a body around me.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve said all of those lies to myself. Today. Maybe I just need a Harley...

Nah, just will power. Perhaps being 38 will help :rolleyes:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I was young and dumb and had more money than sense at that point.

Now I wish I’d had a little more knowledge then and maybe I’d still have some of my cash from back then!!!! [emoji38]

joe65

Reaction score
Some of the naked bikes are so damn sweet now. I imagine getting one just to display in the garage. come on, 400lbs and 208 hp. Jeezus i'd kill myself.
upload_2020-3-3_8-36-49.png

Last edited:

joe65

Reaction score
is that a gsxr ? id like to do a haybusa engine swap into something small like a golf or a fiesta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online