My master plan for my 96 GT

junior897

Reaction score
I bought it as a beater, and knew it. I think I am going to start on the inside. Upgrading the gauges: Auto meter Phantom 5? Tachometer, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp. I am still torn between mechanical or electric. I am going to put the oil/water in a pillar mount. Under the cowl I plan on putting in a Nitrous and Fuel Pressure gauges. Then I am going to change out my Steering wheel (airbag was blown in the car)

Next on my list is the rear end. I have an Auto car, and am torn on which gears to go with. It will be mainly driven on the street with some track time. Plus it is an Auto car. I am leaning toward the 373?s because I had 411?s in my fox and it was just too low. Of course this tranny has OD in it.

I am going to do the full on PI swap with Stage 2 Cams, and a health NOS shot as well. I talked to the guys at MHS, and am thinking of the stage 2 cams. I am thinking I want to run a 125 shot on the car.

Then I don?t think it well take me long to roast the Tranny, so off to my guy for him to rebuilt it. Warning stupid question does the 96 come with the AODE or the other one? I will take it to my transmission guy and have him do his thing, but am debating the shift kit, and what converter for her. One more thing I have always used the B&M Pro Stick shifter, is it possible with the tranny I have?

Once that is all said and done it will be off for paint.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You have a 4r70w, you have a factory 2700 rpm stall. Jmod the thing and be done with it.

Oh, and it's a totally expensive pain in the ass to put an aftermaket dash in these car's.

OP
OP
J

junior897

Reaction score
Well some parts are here, and some on the way.

Auto Meter Ultra Lite II Tach, Oil Pressure Gauge, and Temp Gauge came in today. I got them installed tonight.

My Comp Cams XE270AH are on the way now.

It is going to take a long long time to get everything together, and running.

Lee12609

Reaction score
good luck with those cams and a stock converter and gears.......

OP
OP
J

junior897

Reaction score
The cams are going on the shelf until I get ready to do the motor. I just got a good deal on them, so I bought them. I am going to start in the rearend, then the transmission, and finish with the motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.