My suspension thread

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Eibach Pro Kit...
attachment.php

attachment.php

And then the Tokico Hp Blues shocks/struts...
attachment.php

I also have MM CC's They box is packed really tight and I don't feel like taking them and trying to shove them back in. So no pics of those. I can take a pic of the box if you want... :dunno:

Finally, I'm hopefully going to check out a wrecked Mach 1. A guy is parting it out and selling the rear end for $500. If he still has it I plan to buy it.

All this should be installed the first week of March when I'm on spring break. :D

The end of March is the 4yr anniversary of my car and I being together :hammer:

I'll make sure to take pics after the install... but I might wait until I put the Bullitts back on. They're off for the winter and the stockers are back on until things clear up. So if the weather gets a lot better than it is now I'll definitely take pics, but it's not looking good right now. I might even wait on the install :crying: I hate Minnesota during the winter.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
no one goes to it tho. the garage is the place to be. don't want to clutter things up lol

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
thats going to he a nice V6. you should get a t-bird blower for it

Click the Project: Blow Job link in my sig :thumb:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you should Enjoy the Drop :thumb:

are those V8 or 4 Cylinder springs?

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Well Spring Break is here and I think I'm just going to suck it up and go through with the install.

Fuck you winter, I'm better than you.

Are there any writes ups for the install? I'll have my Haynes manual attached to my hip but online write ups are always nice to read as well.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
its an easy job. i put my mm plates in last year and last weekend i swapped out the bbk springs it had when i bought it over to frpp c's and put on some tokico blues also. it was easy as hell. might be taking the fronts off again and cutting some of the dead coil off. if u search google or other forums youll come up with what ur looking for

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Springs and Shock/Strut install is Easy Cake. Our cars dont even need a spring compressor.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks. I think I'll start the install tomorrow. I might just have to bring the car in the garage tomorrow and give all the bolts I need to remove a good soaking so they come out with relative easy and the start taking things apart later that day or the next.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
What should I do about my MM CCs?

Should I just install the springs and the shocks/struts, then drive around for a week so the springs can settle, and then just have the shop install the plates and align it?

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
v6mustang94 said:
What should I do about my MM CCs?

Should I just install the springs and the shocks/struts, then drive around for a week so the springs can settle, and then just have the shop install the plates and align it?
depending on how low of a drop you went with you might not even need c/c plates, but if you do, you'll probably want to do them at the same time as putting on your springs while everything is out of the way

if you want a shop to put them on then yes.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I went with Pro Kits and so it's about a 1.5" drop. One guy at 3.8 stuck with his stock CC plates and things got really shitty on him. He wrecked that car (just to clarify, not because of the suspension) and he's putting his pro kits on his new mustang but he said he won't put them on without new cc plates this time. I think most people do CC plates with Pro Kits.

Now, if I put the plates on myself I'd probably need an alignment right away no matter what right? Then I could end up having to take it back in after the springs settle for another alignment. Maybe I'm wrong here.

What would you guys do if you were me?

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
yeah you're supposed to get it aligned right after you put them on and then after like 3 weeks or so after settling.

idk if it was me i would see how bad it was without an alignment and i just might wait 2 or 3 weeks til after spring settling to get an alignment

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
if i was you i would put the c/c plates, springs, shocks/struts on myself then in 2+ weeks go get an alignment. its not that hard to do and you will save yourself some $$. the c/c plates are a good idea even if the stock ones will have enough adjustment because the spacers in the kit will raise the strut shaft to compensate for the lower springs/travel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online

No members online now.