My suspension thread

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
if i was you i would put the c/c plates, springs, shocks/struts on myself then in 2+ weeks go get an alignment. its not that hard to do and you will save yourself some $$. the c/c plates are a good idea even if the stock ones will have enough adjustment because the spacers in the kit will raise the strut shaft to compensate for the lower springs/travel

Well that's what I was going to do. I went out to the garage a couple hours ago to start the install and failed. I'll copy/paste my post I made in my suspension thread at 3.8msutang.com...

Well we decided to hold off on the install. Took the wheel and caliper off and that's where things stopped. We just couldn't break the strut mount bolt loose. I put all my weight into and I think the car would tip off the jack and jack stand before I got it loose. My dad couldn't break it loose either and the impact wasn't doing shit.

1994 Mustang winter driven through out it's life > *

So now we're just going to wait until the weather clears up and then we'll go at it again. Even if I did the install today I wouldn't be able to drive it for what it's worth and it would be sitting on stock wheels. It's misting out today and it's freezing into a sheet of ice on contact with the road.

My dad is going to be getting a new impact wrench next time he's at Home Depot. He's been wanting to get one since the one we have is shit and now he has a reason to get one. So once he gets that and it warms up around here I'll get my tools out again and go back at it.

Just a temporary delay on something that really isn't worth me doing at the moment. On a plus side I'll be able to jump into things a little quicker now that I'm more familiar with everything around the front suspension

Anyways, sorry to let you guys down. I'll go cut my wrists now and hope you all can forgive me.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
maybe try some pb blaster. the lower strut bolts are gonna be tight also but the impact should spin em off. if not then breaker bar and a cheater pipe (thats how i cracked them loose). loosen the top stut before you lift it up/take the weight off it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online