Mystic full exterior resto

NCMystic

Reaction score
Produced on the Dearborn assembly line on March 07, 1996

Mystic production number 1,066 of 2,000

Cobra production number 5,237

It was first shipped to and sold at a dealership in Tupelo Mississippi, now lives in North Carolina.

(not news but need for someones reference, hope all others enjoy as well)
When i got the car it was nearly 2 inches out of alignment in the front, and the hood to fender gap had a diverging spread of over and inch. The stock cobra hood was cracked beyond repair, the driver side fender was popped up about 4 inches and when pressed down the driver door would not close due to clearance issue. The rear bumper has multiple cracks all the way through. The paint was faded and clearcoat was failing and spiderwebbing. Also it had been repainted rather badly at one point in it's life and had runs in the color and clear. Also the exterior A pillar was broken at the bottom and the locks out of both door and the trunk had been pried out with what appeared to be a crow bar by the looks of the marks. The car also had around 60 dents and dings some minor others rather bad all of which resulting in hundreds of hours of body work. i let what i believed to be at the time and upstanding military veteran drive the car and within 4 blocks he lost controll and the car ended up in a chain link fence with a metal pole through the bumper and the fog lamps broken.

new parts:
stock oem 96 Cobra hood
new clear reflector corner markers
new cobra bumper from late model resto
salvaged oem cobra fog lamps (brand new condition)
salvaged exterior a pillar
salvages door locks and license plate tray
hundreds of hours in body work getting it done the right way, nearly no body filler was used on this car. here are some photos before and after. put 4 coats of mystic on this car not counting primer and clear.
mirrors and window switch plates were painted to match in a Saleen type influence
before:
mystic3.jpg

mystic1.jpg

mystic4.jpg

307.jpg

305.jpg

303.jpg

306.jpg

304.jpg

311.jpg

328.jpg

323.jpg

After:
028.jpg

031.jpg

021.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

DSC_1090.jpg

DSC_1082.jpg

DSC_1062.jpg

DSC_1058.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

DSC_1093-1.jpg

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
mygreengt said:
needs more c heads and blower.... dont forget the saleens

i am in my living room looking at everything you just stated on my floor! a few more parts on the list yet to go but it's getting closer

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
too d@mn much :angry7:

insurance covered about half of it so that made it easier to stomach

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
God I love that color! and yeah not feeling the wheels but Chrome Saleens are going to look banging on it :headbang:

det_riot

Reaction score
bonestock3.8DTH said:
det_riot said:
you shoulddd model your car off this one i almost traded for:
cobra0370.jpg

Wow.. that is sick and you didnt trade? That is badass

the guy was down 10000% for it then decided right before we were gona look at each other's rides that he wanted a carbed car not a fuel inejcted car

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
well this was my dream car since before i had my drivers permit even. . .
mystic2.jpg

mystic_unkn7_1.jpg

mystic.jpg

over time i have become iffy about the saleen spoiler. also i painted my mirrors, left the ford oval on trunk and just today put an 03/04 SVT decklid emblem on to denote the eaton m112 on board. the cobra fender emblems on the example above are placed higher on the fender that any other cobra i've seen, owner on his cardomain says it was never painted, so maybe it was a fluke or maybe it was not we'll never know. also his decklid badges are shaved. . .
i decided to get the corner markers with the stock back hatching and clear reflectors. exhaust will be dumped soon.
here is an example of how the saleen with look on the mystic with factory spoiler and dumped exhaust. it's grown on me.

P1000357-1.jpg

P1000358.jpg

det-riot that is a nice mystic, i have a bunch of photos of it haha (i "collect" mystic photos). i always felt that the wheels should have been black chrome and the badging chrome smoked to match. i would dump the exhaust as well, the bright exhaust and badginig made it look just not quite coherent as an overall design theme to me but that's really just nitpicking at a nice car.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice work, gotta love fresh paint, especially mystic!

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
Venomous96Cobra said:
I love it as stated before! but it need's a lift kit delete package :bootyshake:

i want to and am planning on it, but honestly don't know if it will make it out of my driveway. it barely does now and i'm mortified of scratching the bumper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online