Nagging skip

OP
OP
B

bobcat

Reaction score
If your learning thats good
I'm definitely interested in learning. I have been working on anything mechanical since I was a kid. I'm 60+ now and trying to work on the more modern stuff makes me feel like I'm doing so with one arm tied behind my back

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Lol so that's what a MIL is. Forgive my ignorance. I never heard a check engine light called that. My world is very small
No worries.
The check engine light, often referred to as the Malfunction Indicator Lamp or MIL, allows the PCM to alert the driver that an emissions related problem has occurred or is currently occurring. The check engine light is located on the dashboard panel and is colored red or yellow.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The timing reluctor wheel are prone to cracking with the early modulars. Ford eventually changed their design from a powder metal casting to a stamped metal design. Its a good idea just to update it, but that means timing chain removal as the redesign relector has its own lower crank sprocket.

Just a thought

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Bear in mind that it is possible to have stored fault codes and no malfunction indicator light present. Minor codes that don't affect the health and survival of the engine can persist that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online