NEED BRAKES that stop

gary spielberg

Reaction score
I have a 1995 GT CONVERTIBLE 5.0 . anybody ever use the Power stop brake kits( rotors ,caliper, pads ,ETC)
or know of something that works better. Thanks

GARY:headbang:

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
There's your answer! You can piece together a whole kit for anywhere from $400 to upwards of $2500, depending on the performance you are trying to get out of it.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Poxenham has some good stuff. You can also improve your breaking by simply getting better pads. Get a more aggressive pad and you might be surprised by your "stock" breaking. Also Cobra brakes are a good upgrade. And welcome!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Powerstop used to be called powerslot. I have their slotted rotors, and akebono ceramic pads. Good combo for a daily driver. Have em for 2 years with no issues

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I have a 1995 GT CONVERTIBLE 5.0 . anybody ever use the Power stop brake kits( rotors ,caliper, pads ,ETC)
or know of something that works better. Thanks

GARY:headbang:

How much are you wanting to spend $100? If you have a bit more to play with, you mine as well go with Poxenhams brackets. You can buy his brackets, and everything new for $500. Search CL, or local junk yards and you could be in for like $350.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have some pbr/cobra calipers that do not look pretty but would come cheap. Need a rebuild and some paint but that is part of the fun with calipers is doing a custom color along with the performance upgrade.

RichV

Reaction score
What's wrong with your brakes?

I have used the PowerStop on my 05 at all 4 corners, did OK on the track. The pads did not last very long but you won't have that problem on the street. A good and inexpensive upgrade for the SN is 99-04 front calipers, replace all soft lines with braided, purge ALL old fluid with new, and get a good set of pads. EBC, HAWK, Carbotech, etc.

OP
OP
G

gary spielberg

Reaction score
didn't have any brakes going about 90 95 when I wanted to stop. just did some more up grades on motor (long tube headers, and a set of 373 gears) . a friend said to switch to 95 cobra brakes

OP
OP
G

gary spielberg

Reaction score
I have some pbr/cobra calipers that do not look pretty but would come cheap. Need a rebuild and some paint but that is part of the fun with calipers is doing a custom color along with the performance upgrade.
front and or back calipers

OP
OP
G

gary spielberg

Reaction score
What's wrong with your brakes?

I have used the PowerStop on my 05 at all 4 corners, did OK on the track. The pads did not last very long but you won't have that problem on the street. A good and inexpensive upgrade for the SN is 99-04 front calipers, replace all soft lines with braided, purge ALL old fluid with new, and get a good set of pads. EBC, HAWK, Carbotech, etc.
didn't have any brakes going about 90 95 when I wanted to stop. just did some more up grades on motor (long tube headers, and a set of 373 gears) . a friend said to switch to 95 cobra brakes

RichV

Reaction score

Sounds legit. I'd go with some carbon fiber rotors all the way around and 6-8 piston calipers. Should be good for at least 120MPH.

JKady

Reaction score
If you had "No brakes" you have other system problems. My stock '95 GT brakes stopped just fine from sub 100mph speeds, they just didn't like doing it over and over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online