need help # 2

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
so i have discovered a issue with my car once again so I'm starting to think my running cammed issue is due to electrical/distributor problems i was watching a video of a guy diagnosing his car and he disconnected his spout connecter to see if it ran better with his sn95 5.0 so i tried it and mine did run better the first thing i noticed was it still had a little bit of cam to it but it seemed a lot more healthier it was idling at 600 to 700 rpms instead of 800 to 900 rpms the second thing i noticed was my voltage was higher normal my volt gauge would sit between R and M unless i put it into drive it would go to R but with the spout connecter disconnected it was between M and A I didn't put it in drive to see if it dropped but can someone try to explain what might be causing this or try to explain some other things i should try

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
Shorty headers , bbk 255 lph fuel pump. Bbk fuel pressure regulator, smog pump delete, 4:10 rearend

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
It would help alot if someone could tell me what i should look at

Buffalo5Spd

Reaction score
Did you put a pressure gauge on it when you changed the regulator? Is that regulator adjustable? What ttocs said is relevant for sure in order to eliminate possible causes and narrow it down.

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
Spark plugs are brand new along with wires and coil it is adjustable and at idle i have 40 psi

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What did the old plugs look like? How long have the new ones been ran as it might be good to check even if you recently replaced them.

40 psi with or with out the vac line on it?

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
With it on and they old ones looked really burnt and had oil on them so i swapped in new ones

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
So i put on a bunch of new parts msd cap and rotor, msd coil, new spark plug and spark plug wires and a new spout connecter and it still runs the same i also have a video of how it runs when i disconnect the spout connecter but it wont let me post it promblem wasnt fixed it still runs cammed i also put in new o2 sensors last weekend

Rod

Reaction score
This is a reach, but you said you have 4:10 gearing right? Did the speed snesor gear get changed when the gears did? That shouldn't effect idle but would drivability, and the 'learning curve' of the PCM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online