Need help - what wheel set up

302windsor95Gt

Reaction score
It has been a while since i been on this forums (let alone have a mustang) but i'm buying another sn95 YAY! lol
anyways im trying to figure out what wheel set up works best. im looking at 18x11 +20 offset in the rear and 17x8 +25 offset. im wondering if this fit the body of a sn95 and what tires do you guys recommend with these wheels. im looking to make about 500hp once im done, so i need beefy tires. no im not looking to put welds on or slicks. i just want a fast street car look with out using slicks. please any help would be appreciated

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
11's will fit on the back. A 315 would be perfect on there. You can get away with putting a 335 if you flip the quadshocks and possibly roll the fenders if you're lowered.

For tires, it really depends on what your intentions are with the car. If it's just a street car a set of Michelin Pilot Sports or Kumho Ecsta XS' would be nice. I'm running the Kumho's and they are a great all around tire. I can't tell you how they handle in the rain however because I don't drive my car in the rain. They have decent tread wear too.

410sn95

Reaction score
Is the offset gonna be an issur?

With a 18x11 with a 335 DR in the rear, offset/backspacing is key. +20 offset on a sn95 with a stock dimension rear axle is a good starting point. I currently run 18x11 +20 but suggest you measure as much as you can on your setup.

Roll fender lip if lowered, Quad shocks will need to be deleted or perhaps flipped, Exhuast clearence will have to be dealt with. If you go with a panhard bar and torque arm, inside fender well clearence will also need to be addressed

OP
OP

302windsor95Gt

Reaction score
With a 18x11 with a 335 DR in the rear, offset/backspacing is key. +20 offset on a sn95 with a stock dimension rear axle is a good starting point. I currently run 18x11 +20 but suggest you measure as much as you can on your setup.

Roll fender lip if lowered, Quad shocks will need to be deleted or perhaps flipped, Exhuast clearence will have to be dealt with. If you go with a panhard bar and torque arm, inside fender well clearence will also need to be addressed
Thanks for the info guys! Ill be lowered about 1.5 inches and I run dumps so no issues there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online