Need help with rust!

gt_thunder

Reaction score
So I just found this rusted hole in between the trunk and the body of my 99 GT that I picked up about 1 month ago. Water is getting inside the body and rusting from the inside out. Looking inside the trunk you can see more rust forming from the inside out. I realized this when inspecting why water was entering my trunk.

I NEED a way to fix this. Please help. Please excuse the dirt. I haven't had a moment to clean her properly.

http://imgur.com/a/ThaDG

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Well... First you need to stop the water leak. That I'm not sure where it could come from... I'm taking stabs in the dark here... Is your rear window leaking? That's my guess.

I don't know how else water could get behind that panel...

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Water and organic matter sits there and causes it to rust. There is also some body seam sealer that has a tendency to crack and allow water pentration and rust.

My 99 is even worse. Im working on picking up a whole new trunk section so to graft in a replacement section of metal

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Water and organic matter sits there and causes it to rust. There is also some body seam sealer that has a tendency to crack and allow water pentration and rust.

My 99 is even worse. Im working on picking up a whole new trunk section so to graft in a replacement section of metal
Didn't think of that! I suppose the factory seam sealer could deffinatly be compromised enough to let water seep through... I know mine wasn't in the best shape when I got in there...

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Even then you have the sweat and tears of the burning floridians not looking forward to doing this now.. probably do it when i respray the whole car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online