need some help on cooling issues!

hottwheels04

Reaction score
k... Now being it's summer. and hott weather has hit, my temp gauge was always on hott and the car was running hott, so i had a new 180 degree tstat installed and a dyno and tune and they have the fans come on earlier so it cooled it down , and it was working good sitting at half where it should be between cold and hott, now im getting real worried in real hott weather my oil gauge is going all the way to the H to hott and the temp gauge as well there both on HOTT, and they move all over and they are not accurate and the car is running real hott, what could it be? im buying a new radiator but i was told it could be a temp sending module, or something thats confused telling it the wrong temp, because the oil and temp gauge doesnt sit on hott or half , its all over the place from extreme hott to semi hott ot normal and all over, so i was told it was the " sending unit" how much is that and where can i find it ? because my radiator is stock and old but the coolant is fine and the car seems to run fine, they put the new tstart said it was fine but now, it runs real hott and the gauges go nutso! help! :help2:, so i was wondering if that sounds like a sending unit problem,

because its a new tstat and new tstat housing and new tubes and waterpump, and flushed the collant recentley, only thing i can think of is asending unit or radiator , because it runs hott, and the gauges move all over they dont stay on the same temp so i have a feeling somethigns broke

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
First off, buy real gauges so you can actually tell what's happening.