Need some help

Downshift

Reaction score
Hey guys. Well I finally got my ass in gear and got the 5.0 emblems for the side to get rid of the cobra ones. Its a GT not a cobra so I dont care for them on there much. Anyway my car is black so everything shows up. I used some fishing line to get the cobras off and used my fingernail mostly to get the rest of the glue gunk off. But What is left is a faint white outline of the cobra. Im pretty sure its just really old wax because in tight areas it kinda looks the same. Anyway question is, does anyone know what would get rid of that outline the easiest way? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
I tried some goof off stuff and it is still there.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Polish and an orbital.
or some Paint Thinner.
If you use thinner, go easy and immediately clean with soapy water, and then wax it.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
I will probably go the paint thinner route because I dont have an orbital. When I use it should I just wipe where I want or should I give it a little pressure?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just dab it on a rag, and whipe off where you need, have another soapy one handy, and wipe off the residue immediatly.
start easy pressure and go from there.
Don't let it sit on the paint long.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks Dalamar. You seem to help me with everything I have issues with haha. Oh and I forgot to tell ya thanks for trying to help with the MM camber plates. I figured out what happened, the 4th hole didn't get drilled right.... Anyway its raining today and I don't have a garage so I will have to wait thanks again.

wytstang

Reaction score
Megs ScratchX might do the trick as well.....

ALITL8

Reaction score
you can polish a small area like that by hand, no orbital needed. whatever you do throw some wax on it when youre done!

94Gt5.0

Reaction score
Yeah throw a little bit of 3M polish or whatever kinda polish you use on a rag and hang rub it out it will get rid of the fade lines.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online